18

It's almost the end of summer, I haven't seen Axel anymore and I have stayed inside most of the summer. I didn't want to risk seeing Collins or any of his boys.

Chloe has come over at least once a week and she says Collins is going to some college in Ohio, Gavin is just going to a college a few towns over and they're staying together, despite them having a rough start they're actually a good couple, and then Brandon was going to a college in Virginia.

School is only a week away and I am being pressured to go to the mall to get new clothes. "It'll be fun, you haven't even seen daylight in weeks. Please come with me, plus all you wear right now is hoodies and leggings so you need a new style." She said and I rolled my eyes as I tugged the blankets up to my chin and made my little cocoon tighter around myself.

"I agree with Chloe, honey. You've eaten hot pockets for the last month." My mom said as she peered her head through my doorway. I groaned and dragged the blankets up above my head, I felt someone tug them and soon Chloe grabbed the blanket and dragged it all the way off the bed.

I gave her a glare and she smiled at me, "I'll start a shower for you." She said while still smiling as she hopped off my bed and skipped over to my bathroom. I soon heard my shower start and I gave in. I walked into the bathroom and she smiled at me, "I'll pick out an outfit for you while you shower." She said over her shoulder as she closed the door behind herself and left me alone in the steamy bathroom.

I reluctantly stripped and took a shower, I took my time but eventually got out and wrapped a towel around my body and one around my dripping hair. I walked out to my bedroom where Chloe was sitting beside neatly folded clothes, she grinned at me and handed me the outfit. I groaned at her but took the clothes and went back into the bathroom.

I got dressed before taking my hair down and drying it gently with the towel. Once it was mostly dry I blow dried it carefully and left my natural curls. I just put on mascara and lipgloss before leaving the bathroom, "Much better." Chloe gleamed and I rolled my eyes. I grabbed my phone and my wallet before following her outside. I climbed into the passengers seat of her car and she blared music.

I laid my head against the window and stared at the trees as they whizzed passed the car. Eventually we parked in the mall parking lot and she texted a few people before getting out of the car, I followed her into the mall and we made our way towards the food court.

Someone grabbed Chloe and she let go of my hand, I looked over to see Gavin hugging Chloe tightly. I smiled at them but as he opened his eyes and let her go he looked at me and his eyes went wide, "Shit." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" Chloe and I both asked and at that moment Collins walked up to Gavin and patted his shoulder.

"Shit." Chloe said and my heart started pounding. My head felt heavy and stomach was doing somersaults. "Hey." I said quietly and he looked at me blankly. I nodded and looked at Chloe, "Did you plan this?" I asked and she shrugged, "I asked Gavin to meet me here but I didn't think he would bring dumbo." She said and Gavin scoffed, "I didn't think you were bringing Nadia." "Of course I'm bringing Nadia, when was the last time I went somewhere without her?" Chloe snapped back. I glanced up at Collins who looked annoyed, his jaw was clenched, he kept rolling his eyes, and his arms were crossed on his chest.

My shoulders slumped down and I laced my fingers behind me, I kept my head down and scooted a little closer to Chloe, away from the one thing that used to make me feel safest.

I was debating just walking out of the mall while Chloe and Gavin continued to argue, that was until my thoughts were interrupted by someone throwing their arm around my shoulders. I expected to look up and see Collins smirking face but instead I saw a hand on my shoulder, a hand that had tattoos all over it, I looked up and saw Axel smiling at me. "Want something to eat, babe?" He asked and I couldn't help but smile, "Always." I said and he led me away from the, now silent, group.

We walked over to a Chinese food place and we ordered some chicken and rice to share. We were watching them put food in a styrofoam container while his fingers were laced with mine, his thumb rubbing the back of my hand. "Thanks." I said and he nodded, "I could tell you weren't having fun, so was that Collins?" He asked and I nodded and bit my lip, "Chloe and Gavin were the two arguing." I said and he nodded.

"He seems like an asshole." He said and I laughed and he smiled down at me. "He has his moments." I said as we paid the old woman who handed us our food.

We went to an empty table and opened the food, we both started eating from the container and just chatted.

"So, Nadia, who's this?" I heard Chloe ask and I looked up to see her standing alone in front of us. I looked behind her and Gavin and Collins were sitting a few tables away. Gavin was talking to Collins but Collins was staring straight at Axel and I, paying no attention to Gavin. He looked angry, no, he looked furious.

"Chloe, this is Axel. Axel, Chloe." I introduced them and she nodded and narrowed her eyes at him, "Is this the one that showed up the other day?" She asked and I nodded, "You better be careful kid, I will squash you like a bug." Chloe threatened and I laughed.

Axel cracked a small smile and nodded and raised his hands, "Whatever you say boss." He said and she fought a smile. "I like him." She said to me before walking back to Gavin. Collins still hadn't stopped staring and I rolled my eyes and ignored him as Axel and I continued talking and eating.