8

I walked up to my front door and walked in I saw my mother sitting on the couch looking at me while scowling. I shut the door as my heart rate increased, what'd she find out? I haven't done anything too bad...have I?

"I just got off the phone with Chloe, she said she hopes I get well...I covered for you but what were you doing if you were lying to your best friend and me?" She asked crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows. I sighed and sat down next to her on the couch, "I was on a date...with Collins." I said and she scoffed, "And you didn't tell me this why?" She asked and I frowned, "We wanted to keep it a secret until we were sure we were going to stay together and Chloe is going to be furious and I thought that if I told you, you wouldn't let me go over to their house anymore." "Damn right I'm not going to let you go over there!" She said and I huffed laying back into the cushions.

"Mom, I really like him and he takes care of me really well. There's a huge pink bear stuffed in the back of my car that he spent fifty bucks trying to win for me." I said looking at her and her look softened. "I know you're still a teenager but I don't like when you lie to me. When you're with a boy, tell me. I won't tell Mrs. Harris about this but I don't want anymore sneaking around." She said sternly but more understanding this time. "I love you," I said standing up and giving her a hug. She sighed and pushed me so I was arm's length from her, "Go make me chicken noodle soup, I'm sick." She said faking two coughs. I laughed and went to the kitchen and started cooking.

:::

I woke up and I was laying on the couch next to my mom, the TV was on and there were two empty bowls in front of us. I turned off the TV and saw the sun starting to pour into the windows, I grabbed the bowls and brought them into the kitchen and I put them into the dishwasher. I went and draped a blanket over my mom before walking to my room. I sat down and got on my phone when I noticed today was Thanksgiving, I got up and showered before getting dressed in leggings, a green sweater, and throwing on a black infinity scarf. I put my hair up in a messy bun before pulling on black uggs. It wasn't even that cold out but I felt like it should be so might as well dress the part.

I laid down on my bed and FaceTimed Chloe. "Hey, your parents going to be home for Thanksgiving?" I asked her and she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes while yawning, "Probably not." She said and I smiled, "Then, as usual, meet us at the diner at 4." I said smiling and she nodded, "As always, we'll be late. See you then girl." She said and I nodded and hung up the call.

I laid down and decided I could rest for a few more hours before we had to leave seeing as it was only 8 am.

:::

When I woke up I checked the time and it was 3:45. I sighed and got up out of bed and tidied myself up before grabbing my purse and walking out to the living room where my mom was watching TV. "Let's go, the Harrison's are meeting us there," I said smiling and she nodded getting up off the couch and slipping her shoes on.

We never went to any family for holidays and we couldn't afford to just make a bunch of food for it to go to waste in a few days and Chloe and Collins' parents were never home so we invited them to the same diner every year and we all just pigged out and at the end we always have the same argument of who will pay. Collins always wants to pay for everyone but my mom will refuse to let him but will eventually give in and let him pay.

We arrived at the diner and sat down in our usual corner booth and the twins eventually joined us.