24

What am I doing here? How dumb could I get?

Questions swarmed my head and every cell in my body wanted to turn around and get back in my car but I couldn't help it as my feet carried me to the front door of the Harris' house. I took a deep breath and knocked loudly a few times. I looked down at myself, I was in slippers, red flannel pj pants, and a white hoodie. I looked crazy, snow was gently falling around me and the world seemed silent, until the door swung open.

I was expecting Collins, I was hoping for Collins. I didn't know what I was going to say or why I needed to say it but I knew I needed him right now. Instead, it was Chloe.

"Hey, what's up? Did I miss your text?" She asked and my heart sank, "Where's Collins?" I asked and her face looked stunned, "Nadia..." she trailed off as she realized what was going on. "Please, let me see him." I said as I gestured in the house and she shook her head, "I'm sorry honey, he left an hour ago for the airport." She said and before she could say anything else I jogged back to my car.

I jumped in the drivers side and sped out of their driveway and down the road.

I eventually made it to the airport and bought a ticket for the flight Chloe told me Collins was taking.

They boarded in 45 minutes.

I rushed through security but by the time I was out I only had ten minutes.

I sprinted through the large airport, I'm sure I looked crazy to everyone. I was in pajamas, without any luggage, my phone in one hand and a ticket in the other. I made it to the gate as they called the last group. I desperately looked around and saw Collins walking down the tunnel already, he was in jeans and a T-shirt and looked better than anyone I've ever seen.

"Collins!" I screamed and he paused; I could feel everyone's eyes on me but I didn't care. Collins turned around and looked at me, he looks confused but still walked towards me, abandoning his luggage in the tunnel.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he finally got back to me. I still hadn't figured out what I needed to say so instead I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him.

I heard people clap around us and I pulled away as I began to laugh. I looked up and saw mistletoe above us and pointed and Collins glanced at it and kissed me again.

"Yeah...real cute. Now get on the plane or leave." A flight attendant snapped and some of the onlookers boo-ed her and I laughed and walked with Collins onto the plane. The other flight attendant who also clapped for us, upgraded my seat to be next to Collins'.

We sat down together and he clasped our hands together as we stared out the window as snowflakes gently fell. "I love you, always have." I said and he squeezed my hand, "I know." He said and I looked at his smug face and rolled my eyes but smiled as I kissed his cheek.

"So...what does this mean?" He asked and I huffed, "Pick up where we left off?" I asked and he shook his head and my heart dropped, "We'll do better this time." He said and I nodded and smiled, "I love you." I said again and he smiled, "I love you too, always."

:::

I stayed with Collins in his dorm for almost a week before he payed for my plane ticket back home and he attempted to get me to stay with him forever. I reluctantly flew home and drove myself home. I walked in the front door and say Chloe and my mom both sitting on my couch. "Well?" Chloe asked and I smiled at her, "That was the best week of my life." I said and they both smiled and enveloped me in a group hug.

We all sat down and I explained to them almost everything that happened over the course of the last week, obviously leaving out some details from my mom.

Chloe and I soon went to my room and I explained everything more precisely to her and she was genuinely happy for me.

"Five more months of school and we're reunited." I said dreamily as I layer down on my bed and she laid beside me, "Are you going to go to college there?" She asked and I shrugged, "I think I'm going to try." I said nodding and she smiled and tucked hair behind my ear, "I'm happy for you. For you both." She said and I smiled. We eventually fell asleep and all I could think about was Collins and our future together as a couple.