Part 31

NATASHA

I stand beside Bruce, Wanda sitting on the armchair where I sat. She had asked to be left alone for a moment and I was complying.
'Rocket!' Thor shouts from the kitchen, moving swiftly to the sitting room with Peter in his arms and Lila following behind.
'Thor, it worked, they're back, they're here.' Rocket says, moving along side Thor. Peter Q stands up with Groot, but Drax stays sitting on the floor.
'We didn't leave on the best of terms.' Thor says, holding his hand out to Peter Q, 'Welcome back to Earth.'
'No hard feelings, you stayed with my guy over here?' Peter Q asks, gesturing to Rocket.
'I did. He was a fine companion in an awful year.' Thor says, smiling and hugging Groot.
'I am Groot.'
'I agree.' Thor says.
I look behind me, Clint, Steve, Shuri and Tony are all still under. Two hours have passed and time is running out.
'Thanos knows.' Carol says from the side of the room, 'he knows what we're doing, he's coming to Earth. He's coming here.'
'What? How do you know?' I ask, moving to her side.
'I just know. We need at least two more to come back to form the bridge. We need to fight him.'
'How do we fight him? We've got half our men missing from last time and we could barely hold him then.' Bruce says.
'I will fight with you.' Carol says, 'I believe we can hold him off. We still have a while till he arrives, but we must prepare.'
'The forces of Wakanda are already on their way.' I say, 'half of their army are coming here in case of a fight, the other half remain there to defend Wakanda.'
'We will need everyone we can get.' Carol says, 'Everyone who can fight should suit up, someone capable must stay and protect those still unconscious  until they all wake, and the children must go somewhere safe.'
'There's a bunker, Tony built it just in case, it's indestructible. We could move them down there till they wake, and I could stay with the kids.' Pepper says, rocking Peter in her arms.
'Good plan.' Carol says, 'we'll give them a while longer before we move them, but we must prepare for a fight.'