Part 37

SHURI

I open the doors to find half the Wakandan army waiting for me. They don't see me at first, but as I walk towards them Nakia turns to attention and walks beside me.
'You must tell us what we are to expect. We need to know.' Nakia says, stopping in front of me.
'Nakia, there is someone here for you.' I step aside and she looks past me. She looks from person to person until her eyes land on my brother.
'T'challa?' She whispers under her breathe. He doesn't say anything, just walks towards her and kisses her. She, uncharacteristically, falls into him and kisses him back.
'The king is back!' I shout to the army, with a roar of joy in response, 'I hold the power of the Black Panther, and I will hold it for one more day, alongside my brother. Tomorrow, he shall be re-crowned. I am young, I was not made to be a queen. It has been an honour to rule, but it is my brother's place.' T'challa takes Nakia by the waist and they stand together beside me. Okoye walks up the path towards them both and salutes T'challa who quickly pulls her up and into a hug. 'We will fight alongside our friends, to bring back the ones we lost. Today we will fight Thanos. And we will lose people, without doubt we will lose people. But this is a fight we must win. And we will.' The army roar at the end of my speech and T'challa stands forward.
'My sister has led you for the last year. I know things cannot return fully to how they were. But today we fight along side friends to save those we lost.' Another roar as the other avengers come to join us.
Natasha and Bruce fall into stride beside me as I direct the Army where to go.
'I hesitate to ask, but is the Hulk available? As last time-' I start before Bruce cuts me off.
'Me and the Hulk have an agreement. He comes out when I want him to as long as it's at least once a month. Turns out the guy has his own life of sorts.' I nod, understanding to some extent.
I see Carol wobble out of the corner of my eye and rush over to her.
'Are you okay?' I ask, concerned.
'He's here, he's come.' She says, looking to the sky.
'Get into formation!' I shout, 'We fight soon.'