CHAPTER ONE

Iris's POV:

"Why do we wait in the tunnel again? It feels like a sauna in here," I moaned as I squinted at the crowd of players walking in. The light from the stadium made it hard to make out faces clearly. "They're all sweaty and gross anyways." I mumbled while trying my hardest not to stare at the shirtless men that were striding around us.

"That's why, have you seen these guys?" My best friend Lia nudged me, catching me clearly staring at a pair of glorious asses. "Sculpted by the gods I swear."

We continued to chat for a few moments, waiting for our own friends to appear. Lia was dating a player on the team and ever since I moved to Spain, she'd brought me along to the matches. She and I met when I stayed with her family while I studied abroad in Italy for a year in high school. She and I immediately clicked and we've never lost touch. A year ago I moved out to Madrid for a job with Mango Clothing company as a designer and she's always made me feel like I'm home.

"My girls!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I started to turn around, but before I could, the largest hunk of meat on the planet wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to the ground.

I shrieked, trying to squirm out of his grip. Lia burst out laughing along with him, watching me flail. "Iker you are covered in sweat!" I cried, but the anger didn't last very long because I was soon giggling with them.

"Iker, why don't you tackle your girlfriend instead of this pretty young thing." A voice spoke, smiling down at me and Iker as we moved to get up.

"Hi Sergio." Lia smiled, giving the man a cheek kiss before returning to Iker's side.

"Hello Lia, what a game huh?" He grinned back, flinging his jersey over his shoulder.

"Yes, you and Iker had quite the match." She added before glancing over at me.

Sergio seemed to catch her stare and followed it, landing on me. He licked his lips, "And who might your gorgeous friend be, Lia?" he smirked, looking me up and down. His body language screamed womanizer and as Britney Spears taught me, I would never fall for someone like him.

I wanted to play him at his own game. "Iris Leiker, and you are?" I answered before Lia could respond, holding my hand out to shake his.

"Sergio Ramos." He smoothly replied, grabbing my hand and turning it over for a kiss.

"Nice to meet you Sergio." I said, pulling my hand back quickly and wiping it on my pants. He noticed, but his cool demeanor didn't fade.

"So what did you guys think of the match?" He asked, looking between me and Lia.

"You know where I stand, as long as you keep my boyfriend from looking like a fool I'm happy." Lia teased him and he laughed lightly.

"I'd say I did that today and then some; we kept our clean sheet." Sergio smiled and clapped Iker's back.