CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY:

Sergio's POV:

Iris cuddled into me, leaving the bedsheets a mess and our bodies covered in a thin layer of sweat. My laptop somehow managed to not fall off the bed during all of our shenanigans and was still playing the Avengers movie at a low volume.

"I missed that so much." Iris broke the silence between us as we both still tried to catch our breath. I gulped and nodded, shifting to kiss her head.

"Me too, babe." I replied. "I can't believe I lasted two and a half weeks without that." I joked and heard Iris giggle. It made my heart swell to hear and see her laugh right in front of me again.

"So round four?" Iris eagerly looked up at me. I kind of knew she was kidding, but even if she wasn't I didn't have it in me anyways. A full 90 minute match followed by our fight and three rounds of make up sex all in the span of a few hours had me spent.

I laughed a little and cuddled her closer, "I really wish I could babe, but I'm gonna need a little bit of time before we do that." I answered. There was no way I could get it up again right now.

"How about we just kiss? I missed that too." She responded cutely. I happily obliged her request and our lips locked. My hand gently caressed her cheek, brushing some hair out of her face as we slowly kissed.

It was times like this that I was reminded of the simple pleasure of kissing someone you care about, someone you love. It wasn't better or worse than sex, it was something uniquely wonderful and all its own.

Every touch shared was intimate and amplified because it wasn't a precursor to sex, it was the main event at this point. I savored every second of it because I knew it wouldn't last forever. I was reassured in these moments of my deep feelings for Iris and of hers for me.

I pulled away slightly, watching her eyes gently flutter open, "I love you." I whispered and saw her smile.

"I love you too." She answered back before leaning in for another kiss. Before we could get any more involved I heard my phone go off. I pulled away from Iris and grabbed my discarded shorts from the floor, pulling my phone out of the pocket.

"It's Iker." I said to her before answering.

"Where are you?" Were Iker's first words when I picked up.

"Huh? I'm in Iris's room, I told you that." I answered him, confused as to why he was calling me.

"Did you lose track of time Romeo? We have curfew checks, it's preseason, remember?" Iker explained and I exhaled frustratedly.

"Fuck." I mumbled, moving to get out of bed and pull my shorts on.

"You've got maybe five minutes to get down here, it would not look good if one of the captains was caught out late." He lectured me.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I'll be down in two." I replied with an annoyed tone before I hung up.

"What was that about?" Iris asked me as she watched me get dressed.

"We have room checks during preseason and ours is like right now." I explained as I searched around for her shirt.

"You guys are adults, why do you need room checks?" She questioned from the bed.

"Because, we bring a lot of the castilla players who are young and can get into trouble, so the coaching staff checks rooms every night at like midnight or one in the morning." I replied. "Here, get dressed, if you think I'm not sleeping next to you tonight you're crazy." I added, handing her her clothes.