CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

Iris's POV:

The bed was cold when I woke up, which would have been normal had I not had Sergio spend the night with me.

I felt my heart begin to race as I frantically glanced around my bedroom, looking for any signs that he was still here.

My heart sank as my eyes landed on the spot where his clothes and shoes were the night before. It was empty.

I sighed heavily as I got up and made my bed. I guess I deserved to wake up to him gone. It was hard enough to get him to stay. He has been kind enough to stay until I fell asleep.

If I was being honest I was sad that I didn't get to wake up to his warmth, to see his sleepy morning face and hear that rough voice. Maybe this was how he felt when I walked out last month. Karma, I guess was the word I was looking for in this instance.

As I finished making my bed and moved to brush my teeth, I heard the front door open downstairs. No one else had a key to this place, not even Joey I thought.

My heart beat sped up once more as I decided whether to hide or to confront the intruder. I chose the former and hid in the bathroom. My fear only grew as I heard footsteps move up the stairs. I gulped heavilt hoping that whoever it was would think I had left for the day already.

The footsteps grew closer and closer, and then I heard a voice. "Iris?" Sergio's deep voiced asked to the empty bedroom.

I let out a huge sigh of relief and moved from my hiding spot in the bathroom. His eyes landed on me and he smiled, "there you are." He voiced happily.

"Sergio you scared me, I thought you were the person who followed me last night." I said, a little upset by his actions.

His smile dropped, "I just thought maybe I'd go get breakfast for us." He spoke quietly, holding up two takeaway bags. "I know this great spot near here, sometimes I go before training. I thought you would like it." He trailed off towards the end. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He said a little louder now.

I couldn't help the little smile that formed as I walked over to him. "Thank you." I said softly, hugging him. His arms wrapped around me felt so good, it felt right.

I pulled away slowly, "so what did you get?" I asked, calmer now.

We headed down to my kitchen as he explained what was in the bag, "well I wasn't sure what you'd be in the mood for, but I got an egg white wrap with veggies for me. Then there's some churros with chocolate if you're in the mood for something sweet. I also got a smoothie but I got a large so we could share. Then there's some scrambled eggs with ham and some pancakes." He said, laying it all out on the island in the kitchen.

"It smells wonderful." I spoke, smiling at him, unable to stop. He was so thoughtful, and sweet. It was never something I would've thought he could be, thankfully people have a way of surprising you.

"Whatever you don't eat, I'll finish, I'm starving." Sergio said, unwrapping his breakfast.

***

"So the wedding is next week, are you excited to see all our work come together?" Sergio asked, pulling my attention from my empty breakfast plate.

I nodded and smiled at him, "I'm so ready." I spoke before there was a pause. There was something I had been meaning to ask him. It was a long shot but it was worth a try.

"Actually, Sergio." I started and he looked up at me, wiping his mouth with a napkin as he waited for me to continue. "I was wondering, would you maybe wanna go to the wedding with me?" I asked, feeling my heart race.