CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN:

Sergio's POV:

After the engagement party I received quite a few texts from Iris explaining to me that she was caught off guard and that what almost happened never should have. I found it all pretty funny seeing as I had her all set to fuck me. I was never going to, I just had to know if she was at least considering it as an option.

Like I've said a thousand times, I am not a homewrecker, but that doesn't mean I can't show Iris what she's missing out on. Teasing and flirting was never off the table for me. Besides, when I tried to be as nice as possible all she could do was accuse me of sleeping with her, so I thought, why not step it up a little. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, especially when it comes to this.

If it wasn't obvious already, Iker chose me as his best man for the wedding, and no surprise here, Iris is the maid of honor for Lia. I found it all to be a little too coincidental but I wasn't going to say anything. According to Lia, Iris and I had to coordinate and get things planned for the wedding. Basically it meant Iris and I had to sit around making calls and, in my case, using my fame to get them everything Iker and Lia wanted for their perfect wedding.

Lia also gave Iris a lot of creative liberties for the interior design of the wedding. It made sense I guess, she was a designer after all. Lia also told me I could help, I guess I was supposed to be Iker's voice in the whole decorating process. So besides making calls, Iris and I had to visit different stores and work together on some designs.

Iris actually invited me to her work space in the city every few nights so we could work on stuff, after all the wedding, at this point, was a little more than three months away and there was still so much to do. So that's how I found myself heading into downtown Madrid with take out dinner in my passenger seat.

I had really gotten close with Iris in these last few weeks, friendship wise anyways. As far as she was concerned, the engagement party never happened, and I didn't bother pressing it too much. I parked underneath the building and made my way to the twenty third floor. The elevator shot up and when the door opened the office was quiet.

"Iris?" I shouted to the large, dark floor, cautiously glancing around as I stepped off the elevator.

"Down here!" A voice shouted and I followed the voice to a better-lit part of the office, take out still in my hands.

"Hey, I brought us some dinner. I hope Japanese is okay, I still have to watch what I'm eating." I smiled at her and set the bag on the table.

Iris smiled at me and brushed some hair from her face, "That's perfect, I love sushi. Why don't we eat first and then I can show you what I've been working on." She said before rifling through the bag of food.

I sat down at a large design table close to Iris as we shared some sushi. I'm glad it worked out that way, I would've felt bad if she didn't like what I brought.

"So I saw you in the papers today." Iris broke out comfortable silence, wiping her mouth.

"Oh yeah? What'd they say now?" I couldn't help the playful smile that crept onto my face. "I thought I was being good this week." I laughed and so did Iris.

"It wasn't anything bad." She trailed off for a second and picked at some of her food. My full attention was on her now. "Uh, just what caught my attention was what you were wearing." Iris looked back up at me.

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow, curious about where this was going, however I had a feeling I knew.

"Yeah, I didn't know you bought something from my collection. It means a lot." She gave me a small smile and laid her hand on mine, rubbing it slightly.