CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE:

Sergio's POV:

I hadn't gotten to spend much time with Iris other than our date on Thursday. Friday we were both busy making sure things were set up properly for the wedding. She was running around with Lia handling decorations and I was busy with Iker making sure the DJ had his playlist and that all the guests were arriving on time. By the time I made it back to our hotel room, Iris was fast asleep, sprawled out on the bed.

When Saturday morning came around, she was up early. Iris had to be with Lia all day, making sure everyone's hair and makeup was properly done. I got up later in the morning and had a shower before I grabbed my suit and hair products to head over to Iker's room.

I was a little sad I wasn't going to see Iris until the ceremony, but I was also excited to see her all dressed up. I knew she would look amazing, and I couldn't wait to escort her down the aisle as part of the wedding procession. I had to thank Iker for organizing it that way later on.

I smiled as I walked into Iker's room, already crowded with other groomsmen. "Today's the day man!" I exclaimed, giving him a big hug. He was glowing with excitement and it brought me joy to see my best friend like this.

"I'm nervous." He laughed a little and buttoned the cuff of his shirt.

"Don't be, I'm sure it's going to be perfect. Lia is going to look stunning and you're gonna cry." I teased him a little.

"Hey speaking of women in our lives, how are things?" Iker said in a low voice so as to not attract attention.

I beamed at him, "Amazing. She asked me to be her date to the wedding." I admitted, unzipping the bag my suit was in and pulling it out. "And, Iker, we went on our first date on Thursday." I added, unable to hide my smile.

"I knew it would happen!" Iker exclaimed, causing everyone to look at us. He turned us away from the other guys to continue our conversation, his hand on my shoulder.

"So did you guys, you know?" Iker raised an eyebrow, nudging me.

I looked at him and shook my head quickly, "No, no we didn't. Uh, I don't want to rush and I don't think she does either." I answered.

"Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts." Iker teased me and I laughed a little.

"We are sharing a hotel room though, some kind of mix up happened and they overbooked." I shared with him, moving to step into my dress pants.

Iker only laughed and shook his head, "That wasn't an accident, that was my fiance." He said, fixing his hair in the mirror.

I paused and looked at him puzzled, "Wait what?" I asked.

"She didn't want me to say anything. You think it was an accident you guys were given one of the nicest suites with one king bed. She called ahead, saying something about finally getting you two together. I guess it worked and you owe her a thank you." Iker explained.

Lia's commitment to match-making when it came to her best friends never ceased to amaze me. If it had been anyone else trying to interfere I may not have been so happy. It all worked out for the best, so far anyways.

"I'm betting you guys sleep together tonight after the wedding." Iker mumbled in my direction.

"Nah, probably not." I answered as I slipped my belt through the loops.

"Oh come on Sergio, it's not like you haven't been dying to since you met her. Plus, Lia went to so much effort to get you two together." Iker responded, winking at me.