CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE:

Sergio's POV:

I pulled my car into the driveway and carefully parked it in my garage, putting the door down before making any move to get Iris out of the car. With my slow rise to fame over the last few years I've come to learn that paparazzi like to camp out, outside my home to see if I'm bringing anyone with me.

"Iris, you awake?" I asked, opening the door and unbuckling her seatbelt. She groaned and started moving after I did that. "Let's get you inside, are you hungry?" I asked as she slipped out of the car and rested her arm on my shoulders for support. I wrapped my arm around her waist and held her steady as she stumbled into my house. Sergio, what did you get yourself into?

"It's probably good if," Iris paused, searching for the words as she slurred them, "if I eat something." She finished.

"Pizza helps me when I drink too much, I could order some, there's a place that delivers late night." I offered and she nodded as I helped her to sit on my couch. "Alright I'll call, stay here and I'll get you some water." I calmly instructed, pulling out my phone to call as I walked to the kitchen.

"Pizza's all ordered." I said as I walked back into the living room, seeing Iris slumped on the couch. "Iris?" I called out, approaching her, noticing she had fallen asleep. I didn't want her to fall asleep yet, I wasn't sure if she was going to throw up or not, but by the looks of her it seemed like a very likely situation.

I gently shook her for a few moments before she stirred and awoke. "Joey just let me sleep." She mumbled and turned away.

A little sting pinched my stomach as she called me by his name. "Iris, it's Sergio and I need you to stay awake for a little bit, at least until the food comes and you've had some water. I need to make sure you're going to be able to sleep through the night without getting sick." I instructed, handing her the glass of water. I continued to nudge her shoulder.

"I'm fine, I wanna go to bed." She whined before taking a small sip of the water.

"You're not fine, I think you've had a little too much and I'm worried." I responded, sitting next to her. "Just humor me and eat a little bit when the pizza arrives and then I'll let you sleep." I added as she leaned against my shoulder, sipping the water slowly.

"Why do you care so much? You're being nice but we could have just slept together." Iris asked, breaking the silence between us. She was right I guess, we could easily be hooking up right now, but I couldn't imagine doing that with her in the state she was currently in.

"You are very drunk and consent matters to me." I offered, dancing around the truth.

Iris made a noise before looking at me, "You're a famous footballer, you could get away with it, what's the real reason?" She pressed, nudging me slightly.

"I care about you because we're friends and I look after my friends, you didn't need to do something you'd regret. You have a boyfriend to worry about and a budding career." I explained, still unsure that she bought it based on the expression on her face. "Okay and maybe I have a small crush on you." I admitted, blushing as I did, the odds she would remember me saying that were low.

Iris just smirked a little and sipped her water, "You have a crush on me?" She asked and I nodded.

"But I understand that you have a boyfriend, so I will not be a homewrecker and sleep with you, no matter how much you begged me in the club." I teased her and she laughed a little.

She was no longer smiling, now it was more like a grimace, "Iris? You alright? You need a bathroom?" I asked as she turned a little pale and nodded. "Let's get you up to mine then so you can go to bed right after." I stood up and she stumbled to her feet; I scooped her up bridal style and carried her up to my bathroom. It was going to save time and keep her from puking on my carpets. At least that's what I told myself.