CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Iris's POV:

I laid face to face with Sergio in his bed, gently stroking his cheek. Last night was beyond intense, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love it. Sure, I was going to be very sore today, but knowing Sergio, he would pamper me all day to make up for it.

"So, my boyfriend is an award-winning humanitarian?" I raised an eyebrow at him playfully.

Sergio bashfully looked away before answering, "That makes me sound more important than I am." He mumbled, looking back at me now with his big brown eyes.

I frowned at his answer, "You are important, to a lot of people." I responded. "Why don't you think that?" I asked.

"I do think that, but there are hundreds, probably thousands of people who do more for charity than I could ever hope. There are people in impoverished countries every day offering their help. I'm not a doctor volunteering my expertise to countries who need, I just raise awareness of the problems. Sure I go and I help when I can, and it's fun to play pick up games with these kids but I just don't like to make a big deal of it all just because I'm famous and those other important people aren't." Sergio answered. I was impressed with the answer to say the least.

Listening to how he spoke about himself had so much more depth than what anyone had to say about him. While being a UNICEF Ambassador and one that had just won an award was a remarkable achievement, it didn't sell as many magazines as stories portraying him as shallow and womanizing.

"You're a real smart guy, you know that?" I smiled at him and gave him a peck on the lips.

Sergio smiled at my comment, "I try to be where I can." He replied, pulling me closer to him.

"I really don't wanna leave you for a month." He complained, stroking my cheek.

"I don't want to let you go." I frowned at him. He was leaving for America in a week. It felt like time was slipping away from us.

Sergio cuddled me close to him, my head against his chest. "You can watch the matches online or if you wanted you could stay here once in a while, I have all the subscriptions to sports." He offered.

I laughed a little at that, "you'd let me stay here while you're gone?" I asked, looking up at him a little.

"If that would make you happy, then yes." Sergio answered, rubbing my shoulder gently. I felt butterflies in my stomach when he said that. He was damn cute sometimes.

"This big bed all to myself? That could get lonely baby." I teased him.

"I'm a phone call away, you know that." Sergio kissed my forehead. "I want this to work, you and I." He added.

"I do too." I mumbled. He was only going to be a gone a month, but we'd hardly been together that long.

"You wanna do something fun this weekend?" Sergio asked, moving to sit up.

"Like what?" I looked at him.

"I don't know, maybe drive out to the beach, enjoy the day?" He asked me. "We don't have to, I just think it would be fun." He offered.

"Will you be in swim trunks?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"If you want me to be." He responded.

I smiled and leaned in for a kiss. Keeping the contact for a few moments.

I stayed close to his face, "you in tiny swim trunks and nothing else is all I want." I answered, pecking his lips again before I got out of bed.

***

I sat on the beach, a book in my lap as I watched Sergio in the water. That man in swim trunks was a gift and I was going to cherish it.