CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN:

Sergio's POV:

I woke up with Iris still wrapped in my arms. One draped over her middle, the other under her head. I had slept better than I had in a long time and the smile on my face said it all. She was still here, and we hooked up last night. Sure we didn't go all the way, but the potential is there. She was after all, still in my bed.

I pressed a soft kiss to her shoulder before admiring her sleeping form. She looked so lovely even with her mess of hair splayed across her face.

I couldn't wait for her to wake up so I could make breakfast with her and enjoy the morning before I left for training. I could have only dreamed of this until last night.

I gently moved my hand from her middle and brushed some of Iris's hair from her face before kissing her temple. She stirred and groaned lightly.

"Good morning hermosa." I whispered softly. Iris only responded with another groan before she slowly blinked her eyes open.

She turned In my arms to face me, "Good morning." She said in a hoarse morning voice, her eyes looked tiredly at me.

I tucked some hair behind her ear before leaning in and kissing her. I couldn't help the smile on my lips as I did so. I could feel Iris's hand trail up to my chest, softly pushing me away.

"Sergio, no." She spoke in a gentle voice. I pulled away puzzled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting up as she did as well.

"I mean this." She gestured between her and I before she moved to get out of bed.

"You and I? I thought that's why you came here." I responded, still sitting in my bed.

Iris searched for her clothes, the small pile was sitting on a chair. "Last night we had a good time." I added before she looked up at me.

"Last night shouldn't have happened." Iris said and I felt my heart drop. I frowned and looked at her more confused than ever.

"But I thought you chose me." I breathed out softly, watching her slide her pants back on. I could feel my heart breaking a little, a sensation that was very new to me.

"It's not that easy Sergio." Iris said plainly. "I can't just jump into this with you." She added.

"I'm not asking you to, but I thought you left him for me though. Surely you can see there's something between us." I responded, desperation creeping into my voice.

"Is there? Or did I just like what I couldn't have. Did you just like what you couldn't have?" Iris answered back and I felt my heart sink even more.

"Iris, what are you talking about?" I raised my voice slightly. I knew what I was feeling and it wasn't just lust.

"Sergio come on, you're Madrid's most eligible bachelor, it's hottest playboy, why would you want anything more than just sex with me? Lust is powerful and maybe that's what we felt." She responded, causing anger to boil inside of me.

"You're kidding me right? You're gonna stand here and tell me that what we have is nothing? Why would I have even bothered if that's all I wanted." I shot back and Iris just stared at me. "If you remember correctly, there's been plenty of opportunities for me to make that happen and I haven't." I added. We could've had sex months ago, but we didn't.

"Maybe you just love the chase." She responded with an indifferent tone.

"Pr maybe I just wanted to see where we could take this. You can't handle the fact that what we have could be amazing. You're scared of what would happen." I answered, a glare fixed on my face.