ㄧ, caught

june walked up the stairs to her apartment as fast as she could, not wanting to miss her very first appearance on the TV. she couldn't afford to miss it, and yes she was making a big deal out of it.

she held her stack of highlighted reports firmly in her arms, knowing every single details off by heart. june raced up the stairs in constant speed, but the regular clicks from her little black heels only made her even more anxious at the flights of never ending staircases that continued to appear before her.

"I am so moving into a new apartment with an elevator, as soon as I have the money."

her sore leg used all its energy left to step over the last step, and off she went running towards her door at the very end of the corridor like a maniac.

"9:58 pm." she read from her black leather watch.

dang it. it ends in two minutes.

june was only meters away from her apartment door, but another door swung wide open as she passed it. she hasn't met much people since she moved in. but right now she couldn't care less about the tall no name dude whose face was completely hidden behind the pile of boxes he was holding, she only wanted to see her broadcast.

her plan was once again interfered however; when they both turned in opposite direction. the stranger's long earphone chord unfortunately got caught with june's bagpack, all tangled and intertwined.

june felt her light body being pulled back.

"hey watch out! " the dude yelled with deep voice. she turned around, making eye contacts with him who had now dropped his boxes on the floor with one earphone dangling about before his broad chest.

"what?" she blurted out, not in the nicest tone and not realizing what has happened.

"my earbud" johnny answered.

her eyes followed the direction of the messed up chord until her head could not turn around any further to her backpack on her back.

"omg are you serious," she whispered to herself, screaming internally at the situation and each ticking second she was wasting.

"i should be the one saying that. what if any of these stuff break?"

sadly, the neighbour wasn't an easy one. he put out his empty hands, looking down at the cardboard boxes which had the tape "fragile" covered all over them.

"look, i really don't have time for this." june blurted out. she proceeded to untangled earphone from her bag, but ended up pulling her neighbour's phone completely out of the pocket of his blue jeans.

with no words, the two stared down at the new - looking phone which landed straight on the marble floor, making a distinct thud. 

distractedly, she caught a glimpse of the album that he was listening to as the screen flashed on.

action! by DPR LIVE huh?

"thanks." johnny said sarcastically while running his hand through his hair in frustration, snapping june back into their situation.

he had both hands on his hips, looking done as ever.

"ok sorry my bad, but right now i have priority man. i really need to -

"yeah your bad." he interrupted, still with hands on hips, waiting for her next move.

"maybe you can stop acting childish." she spat.
june began to pick up her scattered reports, before making a swift turn in an attempt to storm off with the earphones still somehow stuck onto her bag

"hey! calm down! you're ruining my earphones!" he grabbed her thin shoulder with his big hand.

but june was having none of it, she was literally 6 meters away from her little comfortable space, yet those 6 meters seemed unreachable. at this point, her anticipation for her first broadcast was as dead as ever.

"you're not going anywhere until we untie this mess." johnny said, deep down knowing that he was being a complete stubborn pain in the ass.

it was late, they were both tired. and their attitudes were obviously taking over them. the knot was only small like a size of a coin, except that none of them had the energy to logic.

"you are so annoying." she gave him a death glare.

"says you."

and they stared and stared in silence, acting like a competitive 5 years old, until june's neck unfortunately got tired of having to raise her head up high due to the height difference.

"ok fine you win, i'm not wasting my time with you, i have early classes-

she got interrupted once again.

"i have early training -

but the fires of sarcastic comebacks ceased as june suddenly tipped her bag upside down. personal belongings fell out of the bag accompanied by scrunched up paper balls.

"yea right, your training on how to be an asshole," june threw her bag aside, and scooped up the stuff that fell from the floor with her arms.

"oh wow you really went there." he raised an eyebrow at her.

his response was ignored when june stood up and headed towards her door.

"bye neighbour, hope we never bump into each other like this again. you can have my bag, it's a crap anyway." she waved her hand in the air as her back faced johnny, doing an imaginary cartwheel in her head in triumph knowing the fact that she's won this one.

then she slammed the door behind her, harsh and loud, leaving johnny in displeasure standing alone amongst the tangled mess and fallen boxes. oh, and a bunch of paper balls.

lols lols so there you go, comment what you think (?) i'll try and update regularly, have a good day :)

wei.