六, you're what?

johnny stared down at the bottle cap that had been flicked around between his two index fingers for the past fifteen minutes. his long fringe fell before his vision, blocking hoseok's face who june had been talking to.

the unbearable music attracted every one of his friends. his muscles were still sore from training, leaving dancing the last thing he wanted to do. so he sat quietly by the bar, feeling obliged to keep june company, although it seemed like she didn't need it at all.

she sure likes to laugh a lot he thought.

taking occasional glances at the pink face girl, he noticed the way she came out of her shell gradually. by making funny faces at hoseok after nearly every sentence.

johnny had seen hoseok several time before at random events. despite bartender being his tiring part - time job to save up for an apartment, he sure still served with the brightest smile and passion.

for that reason johnny respected him, just how many times he failed to walk into the practice room with optimism even though he was so sure he loved what he was doing. and weirdly, johnny almost trusted hoseok entirely to just leave june to him.

well, why should he even care anyway?

after all, she was only a short tempered neighbor.

it was ten pm. johnny fidgeted with his phone before grabbing his wallet on the counter ready to leave.

he informed, "i'm just gonna-

"do you want to go outside?"

"what?"

"a bit stuffy in here isn't it."

"oh um sure, I guess."

they stood outside of the door, the chilly air refreshed their minds from the party behind them. johnny tapped with the tip of his foot on the concrete with both hands in pockets, not knowing what to do.

then out of nowhere, june abandoned johnny to run onto the front yard's grass. she looked straight up to the dark sky.

"this is relaxing."

johnny lifted himself from the wall and walked towards her.

"i thought you would be too embarrassed to talk to me." he stated quietly by her side.

"i am," she turned her face to face him.

"but, i'm not bothered to care about that tonight."

johnny saw her big dumb smile. his stomach clenched just a little. still, he attempted to ignore whatever he was feeling. looking at june's flushed face, he wasn't going to let her tipsy self fooled him.

they averted their eyes from each other, "how come you know all of them anyway?" june asked loudly towards the sky.

"who?"

"wendy and stuff."

"what do you mean? i see them like everyday." johnny laughed.

"as if. they're busy people you know..." june snickered, "well except taeyong, i don't really know what he does."

johnny shot his head back and shook it, "are you that oblivious?"

"what do you mean?" it was june's turn to be confused this time.

"where do you think I can see them everyday?"

"... SM building?"

"and what was my excuse to not letting you go until you untangled my earphones?"

"your early training... does that mean-

"yes, i'm a trainee."

"shit, you're what?" june cursed out loud.

"a trainee," johnny answered restlessly.

"so is taeyong, if that's to your concern."

"wow," june squatted down, plucking at the damp grass, "what's with me and famous people?" she murmured.

"yea, you're a lucky one."

"lucky? no way. it only makes me feel even worse about myself. everyone around me seems so successful."

"it may seem successful, but it drenches you out."

"plus, who says you're not up to something. you broadcasted-

june opened her mouth, about to protest.

"which you didn't get to see because of me. i'm sorry, okay?" johnny continued before she could begin her rant.

"i guess you're forgiven,"

"let's go home?" june got back up on her feet, getting rid of the grass on her butt.

"oh. yea right, it's getting late." johnny stuttered, forgetting the fact that they lived right next to each other.

so the two of them headed towards johnny's car side by side. perhaps it was the small talk that broke down the barrier, because johnny never fully understood how she trusted him enough to let him take her home that night.

but johnny was glad that he was sore from dance that day. otherwise he would've brought out his best moves with taeyong like no tomorrow and leave june behind.

good thing i didn't drink he thought to himself, hands on the steering wheel.

then they drove away with windows down, enjoying the soft beats coming from the car radio.