二十, but i be calling you

johnny woke up unexpectedly early the next morning, free of training. he made his usual cup of warm tea, adding to the cozy atmosphere that he loved.

perhaps he was so used ticking off his busy schedule that as soon as he had the day off he was suddenly at a loss of what to do. the day felt long and plain after he threw away the flavorless tea bag which he had pour hot water over for the third time that morning.

having nothing planned for the whole day, he let his mind ran free:

johnny's first ever crush was when he was back in the states. back then he was fifteen, immature and constantly full of energy. when he was first partnered with her for an assignment, he noticed the way she blushed at his words. and of course, that got into in his head. johnny at that time felt proud, as if it was an accomplishment that he could make someone's face heat up under his presence.

so he told all of his mates that he was going to make the first move. boys at that time all did the same thing, showing off to each other with girls like it was one of their basketball game.

one day she asked if she could be his girlfriend, johnny said yes. he went home confused, thinking if that was what he really wanted. but then again, him and his friends' stupid competition meant everything to him.

so they started dating. towards the end, johnny developed real feelings towards her. he loved the way her short height hit just at his shoulders, and he could easily wrapped his long arm around her. he loved how she would bring him afternoon snacks when he played basketball and so many more.

johnny woke up everyday, feeling excited. happy that he was in a relationship with a perfect girl.

but it didn't last long. she started to see his best friend, then began to ignore johnny. two weeks after, they broke up under her request. johnny was left broken hearted.

15 years old johnny owed to never fall in love again. the promise accompanied him all the way from the states to korea, and he kept that promise with him for years. until it was broken off yesterday.

he opened his door to collect his letters, and like it was destined to happen, june also cracked open her door. he almost tripped.

the feeling from years ago returned, like his pandora's box was opened. it was his first time seeing june after he announced to the world his crush for her. well, technically the world as in himself and the dreamies. and now he was starting to regret confessing to the young boys, because no secret is safe in haechan's hand. change of thought: no secret is kept as a secret once the dreamies know, except for mark, that is only under the circumstance of him not being drunk, high on watermelon or stress.

and mark is always stress.

"hi, johny boy." june greeted brightly while locking her door.

johnny boy? now that was new.

"oh um. hi-llo." he ridiculously combined the two words by accident out of nervousness.

she stared at him for a little bit, frowning then moved onto laughter.

"how are you?" johnny asked, trying to sound as smooth as possible.

"great," she smiled, tugging at her blouse. "i'm off to work now!"

"oh have fun then!" he closed his mail box as she began to jog down the hall way towards the stairs.

"thanks! bye!"

"see you."

"oh and johnny?" june turned around, stopping at the top of the stairs. "ive got a news report today, channel 127. you know what time."

he watched her off as she returned to her steps down the level, admiring the way she spoke in excitement about her job.

"good luck! you've got it june." he finally shouted, then her small figure disappeared out of the building.

to be fair, johnny wasn't falling in love. he was falling for june. so i suppose the promise was only half broken, right?

a/n:

y'all liking the deamies appearance?

guess the song time: got a lot of emotion, it's a rollercoaster but i like it.

also, who here listens to sik-k?

take good care of yourself everyone, have a good night.

i'm tired. today's been rough so i'm off to lala (love) land.

bai. wei.