八, 2:00 am

two weeks had passed since johnny knocked on june's door. she had buried her head under the amount of reports she needed to memorize for her next broadcast.

it was only in the mornings, when she headed out in the chilly weather, did she allow herself to wonder what johnny was up to.

she walked pass the closed wooden door next to her own, and remembered about the strange sarcastic dude. a small smile voluntarily crept up secretly, despite her attempt to push it back down.

___

the rain was heavy on johnny's shoulders. loudly it poured, numbing his skin. except the hot liquid that ran down his face. he turned into the alley way to his apartment, seeing his dark silhouette. for the first time it made him feel he so small, and perhaps lonely. johnny dragged his steps up the stair with soaked shoes, wanting to be tugged in bed like when he was a child.

he fumbled at his house key, then inserting it into the lock. with one hand on the door knob, johnny clumsily pushed the door that wouldn't budged.

turning his back to the door, he let out his breath and slided down the smooth surface.

he hid his face in his knees, the big guy suddenly looked so vulnerable. once, twice, johnny blinked as beads of rain formed at the tip of his fringe.

suddenly, the door behind him cracked open.

"i already told you I don't have eggs- wow... you look like ... shit." june looked down in surprise.

johnny looked up, "sorry... wrong door." he got ready to stand up, but june squatted down beside him.

"hey" she mumbled.

"hey." he replied softly.

"it's okay-

"don't. it's good, really."

"yea right."

johnny chuckled in humiliation, realizing that a tiny pool of water had formed where he sat.

"trainee problems?" she started again.

he hummed in response, "again."

but he only got silence from her. instead, june patted his broad back quietly and quickly.

"you should get some rest, it's already 2 in the morning."

johnny turned his face towards her, noticing her bared face and cactus patterned pjs.

"thanks," he stood up, using the wall as support. "sorry to bother you so late."

"it's fine. really." she waved, gesturing him not to worry.

"yea right." it was johnny's turn to say it this time around.

then they both giggled, before june returned a sympathetic smile.

"you'll be alright?"

"yea."

he unlocked the right door this time, and she watched as his large figure disappeared when the door locked itself back up again.

a/n: what happened to poor johnny?
my motivation always comes so late at night it's literally 2:00 am rn ;)

wei out <3