五, i trust him

standing before the mt himalayas tall man, the lively music became completely muffled in june's ear. and she didn't exactly like it, it made her feel lost, as if it was implying that she wasn't exactly ahead of her game.

"you guys know each other?" taeyong finally asked.

"not exactly." johnny, apparently that was his name, answered looking straight into june's eyes.

wendy had never seen june so red in the face. despite being shy around wendy's idol friends, june's never let anyone gotten her.

the regret of slamming her door passive aggressively every morning of their badly soundproofed apartment since their first encounter flashed through her brain.

june averted her eyes away as embarrassment rushed to her face all the way from her toes like her blood pressure was doing.

crap.

she stared down at her plain vans, noticing how tiny they were next to johnny's big feet.

then it hit wendy.

"oh my gosh, june, is johnny that rude ass neighbour who made you miss your broadcast?" she practically screamed out.

"yes."

___

"i can't believe you did that." taeyong joked, half shouting over the noises, laughing at his mate's stupid action upon hearing the story.

"the earphones were new okay, you know how hard it is to buy something for yourself when you pour you soul into training every freaking day." johnny protested.

he's right taeyong thought to himself.

johnny was always right; despite being the supposed leader of a bunch of young boys with dreams, taeyong always found himself listening to johnny. perhaps it was his realistic view on things, unlike taeyong himself who was a dreamer. taeyong had to admit that their dreary trainee lives had made them so finicky over the simplest things in real life sometimes, just like the earphone that johnny took it all to protect.

maybe it was their ways of appreciation over what they had outside of the overwhelming SM building.

it was a big risk to take. just how long would they be in there for before they could be introduced to the world? 5 months? 2 years? 10 years? taeyong found the same old question resurfacing in his head.

but beyond taeyong's musing, jackson was back to his hosting. the party approached its climax. once again, people crowded over the dance floor, with alcohol spilling everywhere mixing with sweat as they chanted to the music.

key began dragging people along with him to dance, interrupting the conversation exchanged between the girls.

wendy turned as she was pulled into the crowd, "don't worry about me! amber's got my back, johnny can take you home, i trust him." she winked at june.

"take care of her alright" amber said and patted johnny's shoulders as taeyong also put down his glass to join the rest.

even taeyong?

then they watched as their friends all disappeared into the sea of people, leaving the two behind to carouse.

great. june sulked, crossing her arms over her chest.

the music taste was awful this time, a lot worse than taeyong's DJing in june's opinion.

she took a side glance of johnny who stood upright next to her.

now what?