十九, people call it love

"johnny! john - johnny hyung!"

johnny shot his head up at the sound of his name, feeling like he was in a different world. he registered the group of boys in front of him, catching their breaths as the music transitioned into the next song.

"what did you think of our dance? were we in sync?" mark questioned, wiping his sweat with his shirt while passing water bottles to jisung.

"um... yeah. good job boys." johnny answered, trying to get away from their serious gazes.

"are you sure? which part?" jaemin interrogated, giving renjun a wink.

"you know, the part when chenle took centre."

"we weren't even up to that part," mark sighed, "are you okay hyung?"

"yea you seem really out of it today - jisung, chenle, stop hiding my towel!" haechan screamed out as he rummaged through his training bag. "for gods sake, this is the third time today." he added under his breath.

"he's thinking about june noona," jeno spoke, laying his legs in front of him after slumping down to the sweaty dance floor. "am i right?"

series of oohs and ahhs left the dreamies mouth. they rushed up to the tall giant, surrounding him in a tight circle before sitting down. somehow making the whole scene looked like some worshipping to johnny who stood awkwardly in the middle.

"story time!" chenle shouted, then being the kids that they were, they drum-rolled on the hard floor with their palms.

"not - this" johnny stuttered, scratching his neck.

"do it. do it. do it."

and before he knew it, he had been drowned by the chanting from the boys. so he gave in, knowing that no one except taeyong could tame their wilderness and crossed his legs just like the rest of them.

___

it occurred to johnny two days after wendy's party. that night, they bid each other good bye and continued onto their week as normal. the chill breeze cooling down johnny's warm body as he walked slowly through the dark night, heading home. he put in his earphones, bopping his head to the gentle but addicting beats of dpr live's till i die.

the act of untangling his earphones found at the bottom of his training bag triggered the memory of his neighbor. he mused over their unexpected first meeting, disliking each other on the first day. yet the table was turned in only the second day. he thought about how he childishly knocked on june's door and how she rejected him by rambling about going to dpr's concert.

and everything was starting to remind him of her, involuntarily.

the streets gradually became less lively, leaving the gangnam district behind him.

joynny thought of when they ate chicken together, as he walked past the fried chicken shop. or when the bakery put on happy sale for the last few batch of chocolate chip cookies of the day; he smiled at the memory of when she busted through her door without permission and set down ingredients on his counter to make treats.

and then the next and last thing that reminded him of her that night on his way home said it all.

he walked past the clothing shop that blasted the familiar rhythm of the 7th sense in its space. and for the first time when it grooved into his ears, the first thing he felt wasn't sadness, disappointment, nor anger. it was everything but that.

he could see her smile, her attempt to make people like him who cried alone late at night, happy. he remembered the time she comforted jeno, and that exact moment of realization that june was different. and then he felt his face heat up, his heart skipping a little faster, nothing like the steady stroll he was taking. what johnny felt was this sweetness inside his stomach, the curiosity to know her more and the simple joy that no one has ever gave him in a long long time.

so he let it all settled in, putting up the white flag. declaring that this whole "heart racing and blushes" thing is no longer his field. because just maybe, this was what people called love. and johnny was ready to explore it all.

a/n:

I've watched aquaman! the cg was amazing and super professional. rlly recommend it, no spoiler haha.

also, some of you may have noticed that I changed the "day6 concert" to "dpr" because I realized I've introduced way too many artists in this book and don't want to make it complicated. so sorry for the confusion. (totally not changing it bcuz I'm too whipped for dpr live) ;))

guess the song from the lyrics: "sippin water sippin dreams"

(whoever gets it I love u 2019 is your year)

JKS love you all who support this book and gave it a chance!

have a happy week!

love, wei.