Chapter 1

<No prologue.>

This story is an original idea and holds copyrights.

Any similarities with any other story is highly coincidental.

Happy Reading! Inline comments will be highly appreciated.

The world saw him as a hero, a rock star, and praised him like he was the brightest star in the dark sky of a wild storm. But he was not any hero, he was a villain, a devil, a monster. He had long conquered his demons and he wore his scars like the wings of a devil, the wings that can cut a person right from existence.

He was no saint, he was the destruction people feared. You could love him from outside, but his inside was made of unlovable darkness. His outside was like an attractive and beautiful flame that will burn you if you try touching him from the inside.

He had no heart, and I believe no one could know this better than me.

"Manik Malhotraaa!" I barged into his cabin with tear stained cheeks, my nose flaring and my hair disheveled as my right hand tightly clutched the bunch of messily arranged papers. He spinned around his chair, his dark eyes amusingly looking into mine, and his face expressions told me how he was already waiting for me.

"Welcome aboard, Nandini!" He smirked getting up and blocking the source of light behind him as I gritted my teeth. In all the anger, all the pain, I couldn't still help noticing how sinfully hot he looked, with that devilish smirk not leaving his perfectly carved lips for even a minute. Everyone had warned me to stay away from him, but the more they asked me to hate him, the more I fell in love with him.

"You can't do this to me!" I whispered, as if begging for air around me. All the anger, all the pain, everything inside me vanished the moment his eyes met mine. They were dark and cold unlike always, sending an unknown fear down my spine.

"Guess what, I've already done it!" He laughed dryly and I felt an unsettling fear down my heart which told me I had to face the monster alone in this world. His smile scared me more then his looks ever could. Not that his smile was ugly, but because his smile was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. And I knew I wouldn't see it quite often. I was scared to fall in love with his smile just the way I fell in love with him the first time I heard his magical voice.

"You cheated my dead father, Manik Malhotra. Don't you have any consciousness? Would you sleep at peace knowing the wealth and property you proudly conquered today belong to a dead person whom you cheated?" I snapped back, the anger rising again in my voice and he stood there calm and quiet, as if I was talking to the deaf walls. He lit the cigar once again placing it between his parted lips and I stared at him as if he was my only ray of hope.

"Who cares?" He mocked back and I sighed. "The unchangable fact remains that your father is dead and every penny of his belongs to me!", he smiled as if he got some unknown pleasure and relief in cheating my father, stealing and changing his will and owning his wealth and his property. Yet, I stared at him as if he was the most beautiful piece of art in his world, as if he was the first rays of the sun rising over the horizon and as if he was a hero, and not a villain.

"I thought we were friends, Manik!" I barely whispered. Neither would the tears come out anymore, nor would my voice. For once, I wish he would leave his hatred aside and look at me, look at all the love my eyes pour at him every time I look into his eyes.

"We were friends!" He smirked, focusing on the word were and I felt disgusted at him. I wanted to shout, scream, curse at him but I could do nothing. He betrayed me, my father. He took my fan girl love for him on granted, my trust, my innocence, my everything. He stabbed me right in reverse, and the worst part about it is that I don't feel anything anymore. I don't feel sad, I feel numb and I know that feeling numb is somehow worse.