Chapter 21

Happy, Happy Birthday maniknandini1 , you've always been such a great reader, supporting me through everything. Lots of love to you and I hope you have a blast. This chapter is dedicated to you ❤️

Happy Reading! Vote, comment, share, and enjoy! :)

~•~

N A N D I N I

"I play to role of a monster, a villain. No hero!"
"Then I am sorry to burst your bubble, Manik Malhotra... because a villain is just a victim who's story goes untold..".

"Your stare reminds me of the way Edward looks at Bella"
"Bad for you, princess, because this is anything but a love story"

"So you like the darkness, huh?"
"I don't just like the darkness, I am the darkness people fear"

"You must fear me, because I am dangerous. I can give you a bath in hell and make it feel like heaven, I can toast you to the devil while you wouldn't even know. I can make you feel rainbows and then when I'd leave, you'd know why storms are named after people,"

"Who are you?"
"An angel to some, a devil to others"

"You make me want love. Sometimes, I just look at the sky and wish I could fall in love with you"
"And I wish I could unlove you, sir"

"You are everything that my world doesn't need, Nandini. But I can make a promise, that if I ever want to fall in love with someone, it would be you, because I wouldn't give my heart to anyone else but you. Just you."

"Don't leave me, Manik"
"I have to, Nandini. I have to"

"I love you, Manik Malhotra"
"And I don't, but I do wish I could say the same"

Staring at the dark night full of stars that kept changing colours the entire night as the clouds stirred, every word we ever spoke, every laugh we ever had and every moment we ever shared made its way to me. I knew it's over, and actually it never really began, but in my heart it was all so real.

I didn't cry. I just let myself be, on the sand, my eyes blankly staring at the sky full of clouds. All I wanted to do was cry, and scream and let it all outside because inside, it was killing me but I didn't, I held myself strong but numb to even move from where I was. I put all my energy in holding myself from breaking apart that I lost physically. I fell back, near the water bed, listening to his voice echoing in my ears.

Every moment we ever shared was treasured in me as memories written on every bone of mine,  like the salt in the water of the sea is inseparable, so were those memories. He could take himself away from me but not the memories that my mind replayed a million times in my heart on this dark night to remind me it was over.

It was over before it even started. I lost him before I could even call him mine.

I heard water splashes around me as I buried my face more into my knees and the first water waves touched my feet gently, pulling me towards the water. I wanted to get up, I wanted to move, I knew this screamed danger, the water might engulf me but I didn't want to do it at the same time. I wanted to let go. I liked the sharp salty smell of the air and the vastness of the horizon bounded only by a vault of azure above sky. I felt small, but I felt free.