Chapter 14

Humesha~ #1 MaNan FanFiction. Thank you to all of you for all the love and support that you've been showing, it means the world. Please do continue loving this story and do not hesitate to point any moment you feel it's becoming boring.

Just wanted to tell I love you all and I'm very grateful to each and everyone.

~•~

*unedited*

Protectors or Destroyers?

M A N I K

"Manik! Manik!," The shouts from outside just got louder and I sighed sipping my red wine. It was so early in the morning and I knew the only man who would be running inside any moment from now, turning my silent graveyard like house into a houseful circus.

"Good Morning to you as well Cabir. Thank you for returning back from the dead after dying in an accident last night," I rolled my eyes as he landed on the couch in front of me, panting hard, with a set of papers in his hand.

"Sorry buddy, you know how much sleep means to me na, and if I would have got up and not got sufficient sleep then I would have got ill and not come to the office for the next two weeks also and wouldn't be able to handle the Australian project which would have given so much loss to the company and the company belongs to you so I didn't get up from sleep for you...," he battled his eye lashes innocently and I shook my head in disbelief- he and his fucking excuses.

"So what brought your lazy ass to my place so early in the morning, Cabir Dhawan?" I rolled my eyes and he gave me a cheeky smile. "Your news in the newspaper...," he smiled dryly and I gave a bored yawn.

"What's new in that, hmm? I'm in the news every second day. They must have spotted me talking to some girl or leaving from office or again the same old, 'Manik Malhotra destroys another deal for Aryamman Khurrana', or probably another link up. That same old things, every day. What's new?" I shrugged, sipping in my red wine. People like coffee in the morning, I prefer red wine; the blood of a devil.

"What's new is.... the destroyer, just turned into a protector. From page 3, you're on page 1, the most controversial news of the town," he smiled sarcastically and my eyes snapped back to him, as I gave him a confused look before snatching away the lame piece of paper from him and reading the whole fucking article.

PROTECTORS?

Manik Malhotra, a name so well known in this country and beyond, is known for his power of destroying people's business with bare hands.
The king of the business and music world, was spotted out mid night, without his guards, enjoying the weather with a girl.
Well, having flings and link ups for him isn't new at all, but what's different this time is, Manik chose to 'protect' instead of 'destroy'.
He saved his date from an attack of goons by brutally beating them away for touching 'his girl' and was also seen hugging her and making her wear his jacket before they walked away.
We never knew the destroyer has a romantic side too; but that's just not it.
Later at night around dawn, we spotted Manik Malhotra in a police jeep. And yes, that's true. The devil was carried away by the police and the same girl walked in a few minutes later, after which they both walked out.
Our sources tell us, Manik had been inside for trespassing a private property and could only think of the mystery girl to save him.
The mystery girl, as reported is Nandini Murthy, the daughter of the late industrialist.
What's cooking, Manik and Nandini?
Is this just another fling? Or has Manik Malhotra finally found his knight in shining armour?
We surely don't know what's between them, but we hope to see Manik finally settled.
To know more, keep reading, The Daily Mail.