In Your Heart | Love, Writer

I am not here to deliver a thank you message to you, although I do want to say thanks. I'm here to give you certain explanations, which I think you all deserve.

A lot of you might be disappointed with the end I have shown, and I don't blame you for that. I am not a person who can read stories with a tragic end and then appreciate the writer for writing it beautifully, yet so many of you have done that for me and I am grateful for it.

Right from when I started this book, I knew I wanted to give it such an end.

The reason for giving you this end is not because I wanted to make you cry or sad or make you stop believing in love.

A lot of people write stories that make you smile and feel, 'damn, that's love' or 'damn, I want a love like that'. I love such stories too. I've come across many who make me feel this way, as if it was me who's lived the stories along with the characters and I know what a beautiful read such books are, and how nice it feels to keep rereading such stories.

And I am also aware that this book of mine might not be the book you'd want to re-read on a cold Sunday evening with a coffee in your hand.

This book might not be the perfect fairytale you'd want to have in your life.

This book isn't perfect in any sense and I am aware. I am aware you might feel bittersweet for this story of mine and I am okay with that.

I know there are days when we want to just read a fairytale on wattpad that makes our heart lighter and this story will never be a fairytale.

But in case you ever wish to read reality, please come to this book.

Right from the start when I started this story, I knew what I was developing in Manik's character— a guy who hated the world, and Nandini's character as a girl who loved everything about the world. And like every other love story, they did fall in love.

But not all love stories have a happily ever after, do they?

But not having a happy end doesn't mean they stop loving each other.

Every end is a beginning, and so it is for Manik and Nandini.

I don't mean to discourage you to believe in happy endings or to stop loving. I just mean to show that sometimes, fate might tear you apart from your love. But that doesn't mean you'd stop loving, you'd stop hoping.

Fate and Destiny can bring you face to face with the cruel realities of life, but it is your wish, either you let a depressing spiral eat you up, or you put on a smile and fight like a warrior.

Warrior reminds me of my tattoo. I have a tattoo on my right hand that says Warrior. I did just a month ago, and it is the only mark I have on me which is related to this story, based on it. I always wanted to convey to you fight like warriors with your problems. I chose to fight mine too, do you?

We all have problems. Who doesn't? It might be emotional, mental, physical, anything. But you fight. Your fight will never be easy and I know it is easier said than done. I know it pains. I know there can be nights where your heart breaks. But pain and heart break are a spiral, if you don't let yourself out of it, then you might find yourself too deep, in such a situation where you wouldn't be able to help yourself even if you want to. Manik was that person who was so lost in his darkness that he couldn't save himself from drowning into it, nobody could; not himself, not his princess— only death could, and so it did.

And if you haven't been through depressions and heartbreaks, have gratitude and be kind. Smile at random people you meet, you never know which one of them is fighting a war with themselves. And Nandini was one such person. She did not know how much someone could suffer until she met Manik and got to know how the darker world looks like.

And I wanted to give you an overlook of both of them— a happy world of Nandini, and a darker one of Manik; and I hope I could.

Writing this book was difficult. I cried with irritation of a writing block, spent sleepless nights just to understand Manik's character better, drowned myself in Atticus' poetries to find the perfect inspiration, searched web for hours just to find the perfect quote. And I did this just because I wanted to give justice to the plot I had chosen.

And now that I look back at my book, I'm satisfied of the work I've done. But if I have done justice, you tell me. Do you think I have done justice to the characters and to what I wanted to convey?

If not, I'd give it a try again someday maybe.

And if I have, then I hope you've seen what I wanted to show. To love is the only key to be loved. Hope does miracles. Fairytale is one beautiful and happy story but reality is difficult, so find your happiness in this reality and make it beautiful instead of living in imaginations.

Look around you. There are people fighting wars everyday. Not in the battle field, but within themselves, in their heart.

And believe. Believe in whatever you like, even if it is a happily ever after because believe and hope gets you to your destiny. It's not about if Manik and Nandini believed in Happily Ever Afters, or if I do, it's if you do.

And if you do, then chase it. Chase love till your last breath and find yourself your own story to love and read when you are order.

Life is not simple; it never was, it never will be. But living in reality, does make it a lot better. I hope you know your life better, and if you don't, I hope this does give you a little inspiration if nothing else.

It's an emotional thing to end this book when it had become such an important part of my every day life, and now that it finally hits 100K.

Thank you for being a part of this journey with me. Thank you for giving this work of mine a place in your heart, I'd be forever grateful for the same.

Love,
Heer.
(Writer)

If you would like to be featured in the description of this book, write a small comment of about three lines and leave your username/full name to be mentioned. Example:

"Humesha could never be thought to be such a beautiful word until you wrote it"

—@Yushuworld

"This is the ngew version of Beauty and the Beast, where the Beast had a heart of Stars and he could see galaxies in his Beauty's eyes"

—@pari_luv

Thank you for choosing to read this book. I hope you enjoyed it, and I also hope I haven't disappointed you in any way. All the love you have been showering me with has been my constant happiness and all the gratitude to you for the same.

Humesha will soon be published as a proper book.