Chapter 26

I know I'm update after one whole month. But trust me, I missed writing this book and you all lots and I hope you missed me too.

Happy Reading, and thanks for still reading this! Inline comments would be love x

{ Long long update! }

~•~

It was when I first looked at him that I knew, he was going to be worth the broken heart.

Promises

N A N D I N I

The sky kept colouring itself into various shades of dark blue and purple as I starred at the stirring clouds and my mind was a chaos of thousands of thoughts, but each thought was just about the man that lied beside me on the small white bed between the sands and the vast ocean, staring at the only thing that managed to bind us together— the stars.

"Did you notice that the stars shine a little less brightly today?," he nudged and I pouted to myself, almost frowning.

"Is it because it is my birthday tomorrow?" I asked, pretending innocence and he laughed a chime. There was some time for the clock to strike twelve, so we decided to pass our time by star gazing and talking our hearts off.

"No, stupid. They shine a little less bright because they're jealous of how you shine brighter than them, princess," he confessed in the lightest voice possible and the red hue crept to my face as I looked at him while he was already staring at me.

"Do you know how much I used to hate it when you called me princess?" I smiled and he nodded negatively.

"I don't, tell me. Tell me everything I make you feel," he turned to his back, leaning up but still looking at me. I turned a little to his side, biting my lower lip.

"I don't believe there any words made in this world that can explain how you make me feel, Mr. Malhotra. But if you do wish to hear, I can make a futile attempt in opening my chaotic heart in front of you," I said and he smiled a bright smile which made his eyes sparkle.

"There was never a point in life when I disliked you. But to be brutally honest, you made me mad most of the times. I hated when you called me princess but that breath taking smile of yours always did injustice to the anger in my heart since I would always melt just by looking at you. There's no moment that I spend with you which is ordinary to me, every second that I and you are together is engraved deep inside me because I'm afraid that one day you'd just disappear and our memories will be the only thing I will ever have to hold on to. You make me overwhelmed about everything, Manik. I can never hold you to myself, because I am not that selfish. But everything you make me feel is caged deep inside me, the key to which no one has, not even you," I smiled and he stared at me as if I held galaxies of stars in my eyes when all I had was some love for him in my heart.

"Do you know how poetic you are? You hold the universe in your heart to offer to me when I'm afraid I can give you nothing. This stardom, the fame, the looks, everything will subside one day. Would you still feel for me the same way?" He asked and I dry smiled.

"I don't want anything of your stardom, your fame, or even your looks. Okay, maybe just that breathtaking smile of yours. But except that, I want nothing. If there's anything in you that I want, it's you," I whispered and he held my hand into his slowly, softly kissing there.