Chapter 22

I'm extremely sorry to be so late. Honestly, the response is so disappointing that I don't feel like writing anymore and I barely even come online. Anyways, just 7 more chapters to go.

Happy Reading! Inline comments would be love.

Warning:- Very long chapter ahead. Read in parts.

~•~

N A N D I N I

Heartbreak isn't beautiful. It isn't writing poetry or staying up till 4 am listening to sad songs. It's breaking down in the middle of a busy street. It's seeing his face in every one you pass by. It's being okay for weeks at a time and then all of a sudden, you feel the ghost of his memories haunting you again until it breaks you down piece by piece. It's waking up from their dreams in the middle of the night and screaming until you stop seeing him all around you, and then let the hollow feeling in your chest rot you in pain like a decaying tooth. A heart isn't a cigarette- you can't just light it up and let it burn and then walk away from it, stomping it alone. The broken heart remains with you until your last breath, and you carry it to your coffin. Nothing about heart break is beautiful, and I wouldn't even wish this feeling upon my worst enemies.

But someone wished it upon me. Someone wished for me to die every second in a pain that had no cause, like a black hole in the middle of my chest ready to engulf me within. Though I did not give it importance, I couldn't even ignore the fact that my heart was now tainted and this tainted heart would be there with me until I live. Wounds heal. But scars remain forever.

But I wouldn't say my heart was hurting. It was healing. Even if as slowly as it must, it was healing. And there's going to be a day when I get up without feeling my heart broken, when I'd be just fine and smiling from all my heart, when everything's going to fall back to place, the way it's supposed to be. This might seem like a huge goal now. But there would be one day, when you'd heal totally. That day would come. And even taking small efforts is taking big steps. Don't be wanting to heal for someone else, heal for yourself. I learnt to stop living for others and start living for myself. And then everything makes sense.

It was me who mattered. Just me. I reminded myself one more time as i walked, the cold breeze moving across my face. One week had passed away and as I sat across the same beach, I knew I felt nothing. I knew the pain was over but I still couldn't stop feeling a presence all around me.

I felt someone was around me, as if someone was watching me. Pushing the lump away, I continued my night walk. Somewhere deep down, there was happiness in my eyes because after weeks or months I felt genuinely fine with no fear stumbling me. But I couldn't even ignore the hollowness, the absence in my chest as if my heart was missing when it was right there doing what it was supposed to.

There was a sudden sound that startled me from the bushes behind. I wasn't scared other wise but what made me conscious was there was a graveyard in the forest just beside the beach, and anything taking place here could be heard in the graveyard and vice versa since the two were just separated by a tall wall. The idea of ghosts scares me from my root. Blinking my eyes slowly, I turned behind to the source of the noise.

I knew going for a midnight walk was a terrible idea but it couldn't get worse as I saw three men in black clothes standing and staring at me with snarl smirks running through their thug faces. One of them moved towards me grabbing my arm and I closed my eyes, the first memory that came to my mind was of him, punching the goon that tried harassing me in the middle of the night and him protecting me. I opened my eyes and the next thing I knew, my fist landed on his chin and all the three looked taken aback.