Chapter 10

M A N I K

The world is wrong. No one knows what pain is, what darkness is until they find themselves there. But once they do, they believe some non-existent love will bring light to their dark hearts and wipe away the pain. But they're wrong, all of them are. Because what they forget is, just like our eyes, our hearts have a way of adjusting to the darkness too. And those who're used to the darkness can never accept light, and that's not because they're used to staying in the darkness, it's because the darkness is used to staying in them.

"Excuse me, sir?" A small voice in the dark room brought me out of my own thoughts as I turned behind to see the servant standing with his head bowed low. Sometimes, when I ask a person to look up, and what I only see is fear in their their eyes when they look at me, it brings me a lot of weird comfort and cold blood to know that not everyone themselves choose to be evil, there are some souls who still fear the demons too.

"Sir, someone stands for you downstairs," he whispered but the silence in the room was strong enough to carry his low voice to my ears as my teeth unknowingly gritted as my mind wondered why people like digging their own graves by my hand and then playing the victim, they blame me to be the monster.

"Who?" I demanded, and just as much as I loved this, my voice echoed around the room and back to me, making the poor man shiver. "He calls himself to be Zubin sir, Zu-ubi-n Singh-ani-y-a," His teeth clattered and all the anger in my veins suddenly disappeared and the corner of my lips lifted.

Snatching the overcoat lying on the side table and draping it above, I descended downstairs and I'm sure I looked proud and devil enough in all black clothes, with the smirk on my lips and the cigarette in my right hand, my mind flinching at what brought one devil into another's dome.

"Malhotra!" He gritted just as he caught sight of me as he almost jumped upon me, catching my collars while I tuned a bored laugh, checking the time by my watch. 8:00 AM. "Well, good morning to you too, Mr. Singhaniya!" I lashed my eyelashes innocently.

"Hadn't I warned you to stay away from Nandini?" His eyes were ferociously piercing into mine as if his gaze could ever scare me. His eyes could scare the entire world except me because the devil doesn't fit into it.

"You had!" I relied casually as I threw myself back to the couch which just made him angrier as his eyes followed my every move.

"Malhotra, listen to me carefully. The games you play, the things you plot, and the empty promises you make-, keep them away from Nandini. You involve her in these stupid games of yours and I wouldn't regret cutting your face off," his eyes narrowed at me and I stared back at him, unaltered.

"Why?," I raised my eyebrows casually. "Can you stop shouting at me as if you're her father, and come on, I am not going to kill your Nandini!" I tilted my face and he laughed dryly.

"Who knows, you might as well kill her, you murdere-...," before he could complete his statement, I plunged upon him holding his collars like an angry lion as I punched his lips, not allowing him to complete those fucked up words.

"Hitting me wouldn't change the fact, you douche!" He shouted and I punched him once more. Don't do this Zubin, don't. I'm sure you don't want to exit from here dead, I can kill the entire world but I don't want you to die from my hands atleast.