Chapter 9

chaos
ˈkeɪɒs/Submit
<noun>
\\ complete disorder and confusion.

~ "snow caused chaos in the region"

\\ synonyms:    confusion, mayhem, bedlam, pandemonium, madness, havoc, turmoil, tumult, commotion.

\\ the property of a complex system whose behaviour is so unpredictable as to appear random, owing to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.

\\ the formless matter supposed to have existed before the creation of the universe.

\\ also said to be what one's heart is made of.

N A N D I N I

Darkness often scares people, but it doesn't scare me. Darkness for me is becoming beautiful day by day, as I find some different comfort in the silence of darkness, the beauty of stillness and the feeling of being blank.

And that's exactly what I felt- blank, and that's exactly what I saw ahead of me- darkness, and a throbbing head as if it was metal. Rubbing my hand to the soft mattress beneath me, I placed it on my burning forehead as my eyes flew open to welcome the blurry vision in front of me.

"Nandini, you okay?" I heard a worried voice as I slowly lifted my head up and a soft cushion was placed behind it as I slowly got up, and before I realised, there were two muscular hands on my arms pulling me as my head landed on some hard chest, taking me into a warm embrace.

"Zubin?" I barely whispered getting back my senses as I heard a sob above my head making my heart beat faster as I tried pulling away from him but he just hugged me tighter.

"Where you crying?," I almost shouted in a heavy voice as my hands held his cheeks, drawing away the tear drop on his beautiful face as he smiled lightly looking at me, pushing my hair tresses behind my ear and kissing my forehead as he held me tighter.

"Do you even know how long have you been sleeping for?" He asked squinting his eyes and I left a nervous laugh. "I hadn't slipped into coma, or had I?", I tried to sound funny but it never came out that way.

Looking at my weird expressions, he left out a small giggle nodding his head negatively as he wiped another tear drop from the corner of his eyes. "Two days, you were unconscious for 45 hours straight!" He looked at me with an unknown emotion shining in his eyes as mine widened with the newly found information.

"But-....," I nodded negatively, my mouth half open in shock. What had even happened to me?

"He's a murderer!"

"He killed my sister,"

"Aryamman!" I shouted with an open mouth as my eyes widened and Zubin closed his ears at my sudden shout. "Aryamman kahan hai? I need to see him right now!" I shouted again getting up from my bed and Zubin got up behind me.

"Nandini, you're not well. You shouldn't get up now, you need rest.. doctor ne bola you're weak! Nandini, get back... mein Aryamman ko call karke bula raha hu, sit down!" He shouted behind me as I ran through his beautiful mansion, tears flowing out of my eyes as I ignored his words even after listening to them.