Chapter 11

Bashing=blocked. I will not take any words against Manik after this chapter, one statement up and down and I'd directly block you. If you don't like how this story will take a turn after this chapter, simply leave. I will not entertain any negative comments.

~•~

He fell in love with the stars too fondly to ever fear the darkness.

N A N D I N I

"How am I looking?," I whispered with the big smile on my face as I bit my lower lip, twirling around in the black basic frock, just to be answered by the dead panning yet comforting silence of course.

"I know! I know! Humesha ke jaise 'bomb' lag rhi hu na?" I winked trying to praise myself, not to let my morale down. "I miss you yaar!" I whispered slowly as the smile disappeared and I stared at the beautiful smile of my late best friend in the frame.

"Do you remember how I used to keep doing the 'The Manik Malhotra' chant all the time and how you used to always grump about my silly crush on him but I never listened to you?", I bit my lower lip as the redness crept over to my cheeks. "And also, do you remember how you used to always tell me that Manik can never love me because he's a monster and I used to always get irritated asking you, how do you know that?" I smiled.

"You were right! So, so right! But what you didn't know is, that monster has such a beautiful heart behind the mask of darkness that needs to be found just like we find treasure in the ground by digging in deep and then has to be valued and taken care of, because he's not a monster, he is the kind of prince that had been turned into a beast, the kind of heart that's been worn too much to emit any kind of love, but still the kind of heart that's beautiful and comfortable and you can just be in love with all the time and call it home!", I smiled at my reflection upon hers on the glass frame since it's kinda weird how I can talk and keep talking about him all the time and yet never get tired of all of it.

"And today, I'm going for a date-... oops, a dinner with the monster!" I sighed with a pretty smile on my face, "And I just wish you could be here so that I could see your grumpy face and tease you once more before starting my imaginary happily ever after!".

"No matter what the day is, how the story flips, with every chapter of my book, every sentence of my mouth and every though on my mind,I'd always miss you, okay?" I slightly kissed the frame. "And also, meine tumhaare boyfriend ko nahi bataya about this dinner, orelse I would have been dead! Sambhal liyo upar se please!" I winked pleading her as I rushed.

I'm sorry Zubin. I love you so much! I never wanted to lie to you, but maybe I was left with no other option. If I would have told you, you would have never allowed me and then there was no chance to escape as well. And now that I fly away like a free bird after telling you that I'm going to sleep early, it's on me. Maybe his ways were wrong, but Manik has taught me some of the most important lessons of my life and the one thing I know now is- if I cannot raise heavens, I'd bend hells for him.

For him.

Clicking my lock screen for the nth time in the past hour, I glanced at the time again. 8:30 PM. Had he like forgotten about our da-.. dinner or something? Should I call him up? Or would that look too desperate? Or maybe I should leave a small message asking him where he was?