Chapter 3

~•~

N A N D I N I

At any point of life, you'd meet many people. And most of the people you'd meet would be the ones who'd try to push you down, who'd tell you you're not enough, who'd always degrade you. But it's you who has to believe in yourself over them. You have to choose to shine in the darkness of your life just like the stars shine even in the darkest and coldest of nights. Because life is not a movie, and there's no hero out there to save you. You have to save yourself.

"Nandini, are you sure you'd be okay? You don't have to do this, you can work anywhere else..," Zubin pleaded for the fifteenth time in the past one hour as I got down of his car and walked towards his window, leaning in to talk to him. I wonder what would I have been doing without him today, probably still sleeping on that parks bench.

"Zubin, I want to do this. I want to show him that he can't just enter my life when he likes, destroy everything and then walk away. He doesn't have any right to control my life and yet that's what he's been doing. And this time, it's to show him that I'm much stronger than he thinks. I wouldn't run away, I'd face him!" I smiled weakly and he sighed.

I knew he was still worried about me and that was absolutely clear on his face and the creases above his eyebrows. "I'm sure Zubi, I'd be fine," I increased my smile a bit and on purpose used the name I used to call him when we were small children and even he couldn't help as that small smile took over his face.

I held his hand in mine and softly kissed it, "thank you for being there," I whispered and he smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I'm just a phone call away, okay?" He smiled and I nodded before he drove away. And just as I turned behind, once again I felt some light flash in my eyes, which was probably because I hadn't slept the entire night.

Entering inside his office building was like entering the doom of the dead. The atmosphere had some unknown vibes that I couldn't decipher and I hated the way people were staring at me as if they were looking at some alien and not a twenty year old girl.

Nervously knocking the door, I entered inside his cabin. "How're you doing this morning, princess?," He was smiling for a change as he picked his head from the heaps of files and I couldn't help but notice how his eyes looked just as beautiful as they were, and it didn't look that he hadn't slept the entire night just like me. I was yawning every two minutes and he smelled as fresh as a flower.

"So, you decided to work, huh?" He snapped as he got up from his chair walking towards me and my breath tightened as I took a small step backwards. I don't have to be scared, I have to fight him back.

"I decided to fight, Manik," I smiled slowly looking up and meeting his eye. He looked amused by my answer and the flashed on his face for a second before he covered it up with the sinfully beautiful smile of his. My love for him was like a spiral that had no ground to land into and I couldn't help loving him a bit deeper every time I looked at him.

"It's going to be sir for you, not Manik," he snapped back with that smile vanishing and it was as if I was watching the transformation of him from a beautiful angel to a sinfully hot devil and I was hopelessly in love with both his sides without thinking about the consequences of loving him.

"Alright, so your task number one is.... you have to clean the store room!" He said casually and just as much as I tried to hide the shock, my mouth opened a bit and my eyes widened. Clean? The? Store? Room?