• O N E •

"There's an anger inside all of us. Some hidden rage that you keep at bay."

・ ・ ・

Striding into the classroom, I fling the door open and startle the teacher inside. She jumps at the interruption drops her papers that were clutched in her hands. They scatter and litter the cracked tile flooring.

Regaining her composure remarkably fast, she cries in an accusatory manner, "Who are you and what are you doing in my classroom?!"

I roll my lemon eyes and answer boredly, "My name is Rage Falls. I'm your new student. Look it up."

The students begin to snicker at my name, something that I am very much used to. My name is unusual, a "gift" from my parents. The teacher leans over her computer and begins clacking away at the keys.

"Is that really your name?" A boy with carefully styled messy hair calls. He is leaned back in his chair, a perfect picture of casualness.

"No. I'm lying through my teeth," I answer flatly.

"Are your eyes really that color? Yellow?" A girl with green hair asks, leaning forward eagerly.

I lean closer and ask in a mocking tone, "Is your hair really that green?"

Not an answer, but I am not a fan of lying, nor am I a fan of people calling me a freak for having naturally yellow eyes. I didn't ask to have yellow eyes, I was just born with them. Don't get me wrong, I love my eyes, but there are certainly cons to having bright yellow eyes.

The teacher, Mrs. Valdez, straightens and sighs, "Take a seat Rage. Welcome to Rivers High. Don't make a habit of showing up late."

Giving her a smug smile, I flounce to the back of the class and plop into an empty desk. Mrs. Valdez resumes her lesson on imaginary numbers. With a small groan, I tune her out, already have taken this class. I asked for the advanced classes, but the counselor made me retake the same classes since he couldn't find my transcripts from my old school. Annoying, but I am trying to work on not losing my cool.

A poke to my side rips me out of my thoughts.

Whirling around, I hiss, "What the hell do you want?!"

Can you shout a whisper? Because I think I just did...

The boy raises his hand in defense and whispers back, "You never did answer the question. Is that your real name? Rage Falls?"

"Yes," I answer, bored by the common question that I get all the time. "What is your name?"

"Kolton Skye," He responds with a kind smile.

He has golden hair that has a slight wave to it and his eyes are a clear blue. His skin is a warm and golden tan. Even though he is sitting, I can tell that he is tall.

I nod and slump in my chair, getting lost in my thoughts as the teacher drones on in a monotonous voice that makes me want to go back to sleep.

Right as I am about to doze off, another poke comes from Kolton. I try to ignore it, but he only pokes me again.

Sitting up instantly, I turn to him, trying to control my anger.

"Boy, you are playing with fire. What is so important that you need to keep me from my sleep?" I grit out, pushing back the anger that flames inside of me.

Amusement lights his handsome features and Kolton replies, "Actually, I don't think I am playing with fire. He has a different class right now. Are you understanding any of the lesson?"