• T H I R T Y • F O U R •

"Be a good little girl today and cause lots and lots of mayhem and bloodshed but don't get caught. -Love, Mom"
• • •

I surprise them, though when we step out of the cabin and I tell them, "Alright, you guys, head home and get changed into something you can move around in. I have some preparations to be made, so meet me at the restaurant where Gage's mom and I work. Be there in about an hour."

With a final wave and a devious grin, I morph into shadow and vanish from their sight. I dart through the woods, faster and faster until I arrive at my place. Seraphina has already left for school so I quickly get ready. I change into a pair of black joggers and a black tank top and tug on a pair of running shoes. Tucking my butterfly necklace under my shirt, I pull my black hair into a ponytail, frowning when I see how long it's gotten. I'll have to cut it soon.

I scoop up my backpack and race out of the house, not wanting to run into Asher. I don't want to give anything away yet.

As I walk, I pull out my phone and call the restaurant to place an order.

"Hey, Fiona, I'll be coming in later today. I'm meeting Gage and the other boys there. Can I order some sandwiches to go for us?" I ask.

About a minute later, I get off the phone and head to an abandoned warehouse. It's in the same area that I found Amadeus at when I beat him up. Ah, good times...

I kick open the door and the rusted lock falls to the ground. I suppose I could've just used my earth powers to open the door for me, but this way was more fun. Using my air powers, I send a swirling, miniature tornado throughout the warehouse to pick up all the dust and grime on the floor. Soon, the place is relatively clean. I use my earth powers and patch up all the holes in the walls and use rocks and scrap metal from just outside the warehouse to fortify and secure the walls.

Nodding in satisfaction, I turn on my heel and head outside of the warehouse. Using my fauna powers, I make sure there are no humans nearby. There aren't. Just a few rats and other small animals that won't be any bother.

Finished, I set off at a jog for the restaurant. I could just travel there with my shadow powers, but I could use the extra exercise.

It doesn't take me too long and I am soon there. Kolton, Gage, Darkon, and Asher are already there.

"Where are William, Boaz, and Nekoda?" I ask as I approach the table with a raised eyebrow.

I mean, maybe it's just me, but you'd think that an hour to get changed and meet someone at a restaurant would be plenty of time.

"Don't worry about it," Gage tells me. "They'll be here soon, Rage. They still have a few minutes."

"Alright," I say with shrug. "I'm going to go talk with some people."

"Okay, I'll let them know if they come while you're still talking," Darkon announces with a smile.

"Thanks," I call over my shoulder as I make my way to the kitchen.

Once I am in the kitchen, I notice that Rook, Fiona, and Alyss are the only ones working at the moment.

"Hey, Fiona!" I greet her. "Do you have the sandwiches ready?"

"Almost," She answers, quickly chopping some potatoes for a different dish. "Here, why don't you wash the lettuce for me?"

Nodding amicably, I begin to help her out until the sandwiches are ready. Then, I head out to see Alyss up front to pay for them before heading over to where the boys are sitting. They're all there so I motion for them to follow me.

"Come on, you guys!" I direct. "We have places to be!"

Surprised, they all follow me.

"Aren't we eating here or something?" Kolton asks, running a hand through his golden hair.

"Nope," I tell him. "We just had breakfast and we still have a while before lunch. I picked up lunch, but that's for later. Now come on."

"Here, let me carry that for you," William offers kindly.

I squint at him, trying to decipher why he would offer to carry the bag. Deciding I can trust him not to eat the food inside, I hand him the bag. Less work for me, at least.

I lead the way to the warehouse, ignoring their questions about where we are going until they get the hint and quit asking questions.

"Almost there, now!" I say cheerfully, excited for this.

We enter the warehouse district and Boaz looks around before flatly declaring, "What beautiful scenery. The litter and beer bottles really accentuate the color of the rust and mold."

"And there's wildlife too," I tell him with a grin. "Rats, spiders, and there are probably snakes in some of these."

Kolton shudders and scoots closer to me, causing me to chuckle at his dramatic ways.

I shove open the door to the prepared warehouse and usher them in quickly before closing the door.

"Um, Rage?" Boaz says. "Are we supposed to just sit in the pitch black until lu—oh my gosh! We're having nap time, aren't we?!"

"Not quite," I laugh.

Clasping my hands together, I form a fireball and send it to the ceiling where it hovers. Soon, the whole place is lit by fireballs that hover high above our heads. Boaz grins at the sight of the flames, quickly recovering by the loss of his potential nap time.

"So what exactly are we doing here?" Nekoda questions, tugging on the ends of his white hair.

Grinning deviously, I declare, "We are here to fight. I will watch while you guys compete and show me how much progress you've made with your powers."

I watch as they all look at each other, sizing each other up and preparing with excitement and determination.

"Ready to fight?" I challenge them.

  • • •  

Q: What genre of music do you like best?

A: I like Indie rock the best. I can't stand jazz or country or music made before me, for whatever reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯