• E P I L O G U E •

Be sure and read the A/N at the end!
• • •
"Be you for you."
• • •
Seraphina's POV
• • •

I didn't ask to move. I didn't want to move. But, at the same time, I was so grateful to finally escape. I mean, I will always miss Rage and hope that she's alright. I just was happy to finally be free.

Well, as free as a minor can be.

My parents forced me to move to this dusty old town. Said that it would be good to get away from the city for a year.

The town took some getting used to. For one, it was always hot and dry. Not to mention, it was sandy. And I hate sand. It gets everywhere and is all gross. We have to take our shoes off at the door and dump out all the sand from our shoes before we can even go inside.

Only a month or so after we moved in, one of the pairs of shoes was stolen. I couldn't believe it, mostly because the sleepy town hadn't had anything even remotely exciting happen yet. Plus, the pair of shoes that were stolen were pretty old and crappy.

But that wasn't the only strange thing either.

A couple of days later, Dad was going on a walk in the woods. He'd been going on them since we moved here, claiming he needed to stay in shape. Dad never took his phone, saying he also needed to "unplug" on his nature hikes. We all know, though, that he only walked a mile out and then napped instead of walking the six miles he claimed to.

This hike was different, though. He came back only twenty minutes after he had set out, shaken up and pale. He grabbed his phone from off of the marble counter and called the sheriff's office.

It was a huge fiasco. Apparently, dad had found a dead body in the desert. She was a red headed woman. The police couldn't figure it out. It was like she was burned alive and frozen at the same time. Not to mention, she had bits of skin that were turned to stone and bits that were pure black.

The sheriff called some government agency who had this giant search of the whole town and desert. They took me in and interrogated me. I pretended that I was Rage and actually managed to go the entire interrogation without getting scared and only a couple bruises.

The agents found something in the desert. They never told us, of course, but rumor has it, they found a secret lab and another body. Some say they found a little girl, some say they found the red headed woman's twin. The most common rumor, though, was that the body belonged to an old man who had spent years in that lab being examined.

But that's ancient history, really. And probably more rumor than truth.

I plan on going back in a couple months.

I need to meet up with Rage and Asher and the others. It's been such a long time since I've seen them. I should've gone to see them sooner, I know. But now, I've changed. I'm a better person and I'm ready to apologize to them for the horrible person I was. Maybe try for a fresh start.

• • •

There WILL be a sequel! NO, you do NOT have to read the sequel.

The Elements of Rage is a stand alone novel, and the sequel (Conspire) will be a stand alone novel as well. It will star a new character named Bryn who will eventually meet Rage and the boys.

My other book, Hue, will begin updating now that this book is finished. Conspire will begin when my other book, Darling, is completed.

I'm going to mark this book as complete, but I'll add the bonus scenes as I get them done and combine a bunch of the chapters.

Thank you so much to everyone who has read this and to everyone who has been here since the beginning!!