• T W E N T Y • E I G H T •

"I'm trying to give up sexual innuendos, but it's hard... So hard..."
• • •

"I'm sorry," I grit out, my eyes flashing with anger. "I have no clue what you are talking about, Trey."

Trey pales slightly and looks regretful, as if he wish he could take it back. But it's too late. The ball is already in motion now.

"Rage? What's he talking about?" William asks with forced calmness in his voice.

"Why is he calli—shit," Victoria says before cutting herself off. "Dammit! I should have seen this! You are Raven!"

"Who is Raven?" Kolton asks, looking even more lost than usual.

"Wait," Nekoda breaks in. "I've heard of a new fighter that goes by Raven she..."

Nekoda trails off and Victoria finishes, "Has fire, ice, air, water, earth, plant, animal, and shadow powers."

They all look at me then. Gage glares at me with a cool anger that covers up what he is really feeling. Kolton, Boaz, and Nekoda are staring at me in confusion, as if trying to make sense of the situation. Asher can barely look me in the eye, pain written on his face. Darkon, who already knew, is giving me an apologetic look of sadness. What's probably the worst, though, is the broken smile that William gives me. The smile that tells me everything will be alright. I so want that to be true.

"You're Raven?" Victoria says.

"You're a fighter?" Nekoda asks, gaping.

His hands trembling slightly, Asher whispers, "You lied to us?"

"No!" I exclaim. "I didn't lie! I just didn't tell you!"

"Why not?" Gage demands, his jaw clenched.

I glare at him at that.

"Really?" I snort. "You mean to tell me that guys haven't held anything back from me? From each other?"

I look at each of them, especially Darkon and Asher who I know have secrets hidden from their so-called "brothers."

"And yeah," I continue. "I am a fighter. And yeah, I do go by Raven. Now, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to all leave me? Hate me because I wanted to keep that part of my life to myself? Because I needed a way to make money so I could live?"

"What about your family?" Gage challenges, his hazel eyes flashing. "Couldn't they have helped you out?"

My chest heaves with deep breaths as I attempt to calm myself down.

Furious, I spit, "My family is dead, you jerk. They've been dead for years. Even when they were alive, they never did a thing to help me out."

Impulsively, I yank my shirt above my head and stand there in my sports bra before turning in a slow circle, allowing my scars to be on display. My cheeks burn with anger and embarrassment, but I know that they need to see this.

"These scars? They are from my family. They never would've helped me out, even if they somehow came back to life," I growl out. "I am a fighter, a survivor. It's all I know. So yeah, I fight."

They all stare at me. Well, more specifically, my scars. Angrily, I pull my shirt back on, feeling far more vulnerable than I would like.

Finally, Victoria is the one to break the silence.

"Well, damn, Rage. I didn't know you had a six pack," She teases, brushing her bright green hair over her shoulder.

I stare at her in disbelief and she winks at me and nods towards the boys who now seem to be recovering.