14

I sit in my room alone as I unpack boxes and pack a suitcase at the same time. I had never really called this room home. This was just the room I sat in while dealing with Pietro's death. I never did anything in here besides lay on the bed. But after my time off, I'm ready to move in.

I take my old possessions out of the boxes and place them around the room. Framed pictures with my team members and I go up on the walls and on the desk, fairy lights get hung above the bed, and books get placed on the empty bookshelf. The plain white comforter is replaced by the large, fluffy, grey one I had used at the tower and various throw pillows make their way to the top of the bed. A soft pink blanket gets hung over the bottom and I stand and proudly look around the room. It looked like someone actually lived here.

There's a knock on my door as I open up the suitcase I had used in Romania.

"Come in," I announce, turning towards the door as it opens. Tony pokes his head in and looks around before fully moving into the room. He surveys the room, slowly walking towards my desk and picking up a picture of the two of us. I watch him as he analyses the selfie I had taken on one of our many trips to get ice cream. He lightly places the frame back down on the desk before briefly looking at a few of the others before making his way to my bed.

"This place looks nice." He sits down lightly at the end of the freshly made bed. "A little girly for my taste," He runs a hand across a pink pillow sitting on the bed. "But nice. Cozy."

"I couldn't decide if it would be a waste of time to unpack everything." Tony glances at me, confused. "If I'm not signing the Accords, who knows how long it'll be before I get kicked out. Or better yet, if I sign the Accords, who knows how long it'll be before they send me away." Tony shakes his head.

"Neither of those are happening, Kid. I say no. Not happening. You're staying here as long as I say so." I smile as I shake my head at his large ego. Tony takes a long pause as I begin moving the clothes from the suitcase in front of me out and place them into the hamper.

"Do you really have your mind made up?" He questions me and I sigh. I don't want to disappoint him, but I just can't agree to do it.

"Do you?" I turn the question around. We both have our minds made up, but we just don't agree on what the Accords are doing. I watch him as he nods his head slightly.

"I've been trying to keep you safe and out of the battles for a long time," He stops for a breath. "But this isn't how I wanted it to happen."

"I have the ability to help people without fighting, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to fight for the people I care about." I watch him as he rubs the back of his neck with his hand. "If something happens to any of you guys, I'm going out to help no matter what anyone says."

"So," Tony takes a breath as he moves to change the subject. "Steve said you're going with to London?"

"Yeah," I state as I look around the room that I've only just moved into. "But I'll be back. It won't be months this time. Plus I'll have my phone with me the whole time." Tony nods his head and stands up from my bed.

"I've got a few things to do. I'll talk to you later." Tony makes a move towards the door and before opening it, he turns back around. His mouth is slightly parted and he inhales as if he is about to say something, but before anything comes out, he turns back around and walks out the door. I take a deep breath as I stare at the closed doors, thinking of everything that was just left unsaid.

I turn back around towards the suitcase and stare down at the file that still sat there, relatively untouched. I still had no idea what was inside besides that one picture. My hand runs over the cover before I pick up the manila folder. I take one deep breath before flipping the folder open and staring down at the contents inside of it.