16

All kinds of emotions course through my veins as Bucky is forced down to the ground

All kinds of emotions course through my veins as Bucky is forced down to the ground. He doesn't deserve any of this. Bucky doesn't meet my eyes as the police officers force him to lay on the ground beside me to handcuff him. I desperately look over at Steve as my own wrists become bound behind me, waiting for him to say or do something. I don't want to fight, but I want to do something.

In front of us, I watch as the new man in the black suit removes his mask, revealing the Prince, or king now with his father dead in Vienna, of Wakanda.

"Your Highness." Rhodes speaks up as my eyes remain on the man in front of me. It's his fault we're all being brought in. If he hadn't come after an innocent man, Bucky wouldn't be getting hauled off into some large cell and the three of us wouldn't be getting arrested.

I look up to see Bucky finally looking at me, but he looks like he's sending me some sort of warning. I give him a confused look, unaware of any danger besides the numerous guns that remain pointed at all of us incase we decide to fight. I watch Bucky as his eyes move downward. I follow his gaze down my body before seeing a faint gold glow against my black suit. I whip my head around to the back of my body to see my hands glowing golden. Bucky sends me one last reassuring glance when I turn back around before he gets strapped down into a chair and the door to the truck he is in closes. Taking a deep breath, I glance behind me once more. The glowing has gone down with Bucky's look of reassurance, but it isn't gone. I'm still upset any of this has happened.

I look up towards Steve just in time to see him make a quick glance towards the source of light. He remains completely calm as he looks into my eyes, shaking his head. I roll my eyes at him as he looks away once more. Obviously I'm not doing this on purpose.

I close my eyes for a few seconds, taking a deep breath and thinking back to my time training with Bucky.

"Now get rid of it." He makes it sound like it's easy, like I can just decide when I want it to come and go. I'm not there yet.

"You should know a little more about how it's sometimes hard to control your body." I regret my words as soon as they leave my mouth, but Bucky seems unaffected.

"Just think of calm things. Family, friends, something like that." My face remains dead-pan as I stare at him. "Okay bad examples." Bucky's lips turn up into a smirk as he gets back at me for my comment and I roll my eyes.

"You're hilarious, James. I'm dying of laughter right now." He smiles slightly and raises an eyebrow, glancing down at my hands in front of me.

"I am hilarious, and I was able to distract you enough for it to go away." I look down at my own hands, noticing that the golden glow has disappeared once more. "So if you really need to, you could technically just think back to this moment."

The glowing is gone when I look down once more and I sigh in relief. Steve looks over at me once more, almost looking slightly surprised that I got it away so quickly. I haven't yet told him how much I worked on controlling everything.