21

"This isn't the place a girl like you should be

"This isn't the place a girl like you should be." Pietro's face is clear in front of me, but I can't make out our surroundings. "You've only ever wanted to help people. A person like you shouldn't be locked up in a prison."

My head snaps over to the only window in my cell as Sam starts moving around his room. I can't see him that well, but it seems like he's pacing.

"I just need an update on Rhodes." His hands go up against the window in his cell as he looks into one of the many cameras in our cell block. "Is he okay?"

"Why wouldn't he be okay?" I ask Sam. After helping Peter, I was hauled off into a van and transported to this prison alone. None of us saw each other until we were placed in our cells.

"His suit got damaged. He fell out of the sky." I stand up off the bed.

"Why didn't you call me? I could've done something." He shakes his head.

"You wouldn't have been able to get there in time." I run my hand through my hair as I sit down in the corner of my cell, already bored out of my mind and anxious about what was going on with Steve and Bucky. I can only hope that they make it to Siberia in time.

My head sits in my hands for what feels like hours. I begin counting the steps of others who get up to pace, I guess the songs Clint begins to hum, or I sit in silence. No one knows what to say to one another that won't get us in trouble. There's no use arguing for Bucky's sake while we're in here; It won't do anyone any good.

It feels like years before the doors into our cell block open for the first time. I look up to find Tony walking in, a sling around his shoulder. I stand up from my spot in the corner as he makes his way into the center of the room. As I make my way towards the window in the cell, I hear clapping coming from Clint's direction.

"The Futurist, gentlemen! The Futurist is here!" Clint stops his clapping. "He sees all. He knows what's best for you, whether your like it or not." Tony makes his way towards Clint. They both lower their voices as they speak and I can no longer hear the conversation. I move across my cell and sit on the hard bed.

"You better watch your back with this guy," I lift my head as Clint raises his voice. "There's a chance he's going to break it." He bangs against the window of his cell as Tony walks away, attempting to act like the jabbing from his own teammate doesn't affect him.

"Hank Pym always said, you can never trust a Stark." Scott speaks as Tony walks by his cell, making his way towards where Sam and I are.

"Who are you?" I hear Scott mumble but can't make out the words.

"How's Rhodes?" I see Tony stop outside Sam's cell, but Sam is out of my sight.

"They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow so, fingers crossed."

"Tony," I lean against the glass wall in front of me and Tony finally looks at me. "I really wish I could help. I'm sorry I wasn't there, and now I'm stuck in this stupid room." Tony looks at me for a second before nodding his head.