19

"Steve," My hand goes up to rub my forehead as I look down at our getaway car

"Steve," My hand goes up to rub my forehead as I look down at our getaway car. "You want to fit two super-soldiers and two grown adults into this car?"

"People won't suspect it."

"Yeah, until they look inside and see four extremely uncomfortable people trying to squeeze into an inconspicuous car."

"Just get in." Steve shakes his head before leaning into the car and pulling the front seat forward, giving Bucky and I enough room to squeeze into the back. Sam has already called shotgun and is sitting in the passenger's seat so that no one can take it, which also makes it difficult for Bucky to climb over to the other side of the car.

As the two of us get situated in the back, Steve puts his seat back into place and gets into the car. I buckle my seatbelt before looking over towards Bucky, whose knees are pressed up against Sam's seat in front of him.

Steve begins driving away and the four of us sit in the car in complete silence. Despite the fact that I know every person in the car, it, for some reason, seems awkward.

"The weather seems pretty nice today." I look out the window to see the sun shining overhead with only a few clouds in the sky.

"Yeah," Bucky replies. "But its a little warm in here. Could we maybe turn the air up?" I nod my head in agreement as we both look towards the front seat.

"Seems just fine to me." I roll my eyes at Sam's pettiness before turning to look back out the window.

The ride seems to drag on as we all sit in silence. I'm left without a phone to entertain me and the music Steve insists to listen on the radio is not my ideal road trip music, but luckily it isn't too long before we stop under a bridge where there's only one other car. Sam, Bucky, and I stay in the car while Steve gets our to talk to Sharon.

From inside the car we are unable to hear what they say to each other, but I watch as Sharon opens the trunk of her car to reveal all our gear. I look around the seat in front of me and catch sight of the gold accents on my suit and the batons Tony made sitting right on top of it.

"Can you move your seat up?" I turn my head to see Bucky's uncomfortable position.

"No." Sam barely blinks an eye as his petty self-nature takes over. I roll my eyes at the two of them and move my body closer to the window as Bucky moves to sit in the middle of the back seat, providing not a lot, but enough leg room.

"The amount of testosterone in this car right now is ridiculous." I shake my head as the two men continue to stare straight out the windshield, watching Steve and Sharon despite not being able to hear their conversation. My eyes go slightly wide as Steve leans in and kisses Peggy's niece. Apparently he has a thing for Carter girls.