Chapter 20

Emily's POV

We left the place safely. The chief and his men had arrested Ben, Eric and other of Boston's men.

Which is good news for us but there's always bad news as well.

Unfortunately, we were all sad because Adam is gone. He's such a great guy, from the day I met him, until then he's always by my side. I can't believe he sacrificed himself for me.

To be honest, I'd rather not live than seeing one of my closest friend die just like that. We didn't even bury him. Is that even legal?

I have no idea how vampires work sometimes.

Well, at least I have Jason now, right?

I'll just have to think positive and forget about the past, no actually. I should forget about what happened to Adam and think of why he did it.

Everyone has a reason.

Like who would just wanna die with no reason. But until now, I still have no clue why he did that. It should've been me.

Sometimes, I have second thoughts for not killing Boston. Even if I know that it's not the right thing to do, if it means avenging Adam then so be it.

Ever since that day, I haven't been myself lately. Everything inside of me felt...dull.

The guys have been doing so much to keep me happy but failed anyhow. I couldn't blame them, I blame myself instead.

The house has never been so quite. I really miss the chatting and laughter that always cheers me up instantly.

I didn't know how effective I can be when it comes to emotions, why does everyone have to care about me like that.

I walked down the steps to see the guys miserably sitting down by the couches having an anti social conversation. No nothing.

They're all probably as upset as I am. I sighed as I sat down next to Brian who looked so happy before, now look as plain as the white ceiling that I always stare at when I were to think about something.

I look at Jason who's resting his eyes by the couch, looking like he has no energy to do anything. His place pale as ever.

Jake, on the other hand was by the kitchen, staring at the fridge for who knows how long. Which is foolish but sad even though.

Gosh, what have I done?

I sighed at the three of them.

"Hey look, Jason. Brian. Jake" they  turned to look at me, still dull. "I-I'm sorry. For the sadness I've caused. But now I've realised how effective I can be, I'm willing to move on like what the both of you used to say"

The both of them exchange looks and look back with a quick change of expression.

"I'm proud of you, Emily" Brian popped out a huge smile on his face, making me sigh in relief.

"Agree" Jake nodded.

"Yeah, now let's go to the movies or something to clear our minds off?" Jason suggested.

"Sure" we all said in union.

5 months later

"Hey, Jason. Have you seen Brian and Jake? I'm planning that we should all go to the beach together" I asked, walking down with my things packed and ready to go.

"Oh, they're out. They will be back by tonight, probably hanging out or something" Jason said.

"Oh, then it's you and me then. Go change" I said and within a second, he ran to his room and ran back with his swimming pants on with a bag, maybe full of extra clothes and stuff.

He drove us to the beach. In 20 minutes, we arrived. He unbuckled his seatbelt and said "The first one to reach the water, wins" and he began running normally, not wanting other people to suspect his running ability.

I smirked and shut the car, using my vampires skills, freezing him. Like how the Jake did to me that time I first met him.

Nice try, Jason.

But let's not forget, I'm 1% vampire.

I walked pass by him and gave him a little laugh before I put my things down and ran to the water, unwrapping the towel on my neck.

As I unfrozen him, his mouth was wide open and I just rolled my eyes. "Stop staring you creep" and he just chuckled.

I lift my hands up, feeling the breeze of the wind and the peacefulness around me. Not caring about anything else.

This is officially my peaceful place.

"This is so peaceful, isn't it, Jason?" I asked but he didn't seem to say anything.

I opened my eyes, lowering my hands. Turning my head around.

I covered my mouth as my eyes turned big as saucers.

Is this a dream?

"No it's not" Jason said, who's kneeling down infront of me holding a small box that is still close.

My eyes became watery as he asked the question while slowly opening the box to reveal a diamond ring "Emily White. You have been the most amazing girl that I've ever met in my life. I'm willing to take you with me to the next level and spend the rest of our lives together. Will you marry me?"

"Yes" I whispered with the breath that I have left. "Yes!" I cried.

He slipped the ring into my hand and gave me a friendly hug.

I can't believe it just happened!

I'm getting married!

~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~

Isn't that so sweet?

I'm so happy for Emily and Jason!

They're finally getting married! 😭😭😭