•17•-pt.1

Cartier 😘

Cartier 😘

It's been a week since I came home from the hospital, and I've been doing ight. Like sometimes my back hurts and I may not be able to move around all that well.

My momma been staying with me this whole time and she be acting different. She don't act the same no more ever since I told her who shot me. I've been trying not to think to hard on the topic, but every time someone questions me about it— it comes back and stays.

Today's a normal day for me. I'm in the house on my bed doing my school work online. I don't go to public school because the cops looking fa me. And since they know what state I'm in and which part; they don't know where I stay at.

As I'm sitting on my bed my phone start vibrating like crazy. I look down seeing I had 10 missed calls from my momma and Kentrell. I don't know why that boy keep calling my phone like we together.

Yes he be giving me head, and yes we be kissing on each other, but that don't mean we together. He just need to slow down real quick and let us talk. Damn. It ain't that hard to do.

Grabbing my phone I unlocked it using my thumb and went to my moms contact. I tried calling but it went straight to voicemail. I repeated doing that and it went to voicemail every time.

Closing my laptop I walked downstairs to go look for my aunt. I didn't see nobody, so I walked to the front door opening it. I saw my aunt sitting down smoking a cigarette. I opened the screen door, letting her know I was in her presence. She turned around with her eyes bloodshot red. I couldn't tell if she was high or crying. Stepping out I walked up to her. She sniffles before talking.

"Cartier.... it's ya momma." I stopped her right there interrupting.

"What you mean, 'it's my momma'?" I sat next to her.

"Like I said, it's about ya mother. They got her."

"Who got ha auntie?"

"The police they went up to her job asking all types of questions and shit. They was questioning her about your where abouts. And asking where have you went since you left jersey. When ya mom ain't say nothing, they locked her up and said she was being charged with hiding a suspect. They not letting her go. She stuck up there. Her bail is mad money, just cause she was protecting her daughter." She shook her head.

"How much money is it?"

"It's $30,000. And it had to be paid before the end of next week or her shit dismissed and she gotta stay in there till her court appearance." She took a breath. "Cartier what the hell do you do? You put ya momma and ya self in a lot of shit. I can see why she moved you down here with me, but you won't be doing none of that over here. You can bank on that. Or I'll whoop yo ass. You ain't to big for dat shit either." She shook her head. "Ya momma locked up cause of you. Why can't you just be a normal ass lil girl? Why you gotta act like this? Ion know who put that shit in ya head, but they might wanna take that shit back cause it ain't gone do nothing but get you into more trouble... get ya stuff together girl. Cause one day that shit gone catch up to you like karma and you gone be sitting scared and shit. You needa change ASAP. Can't nobody help you but ya self." And with that she plucked the cigarette getting up. I watched her every move thinking hard about everything she just said. I had to change and I had to change quick. I can't let my momma sit in no jail cell over some shit that I did. She can't protect me no more.