Chapter Nine: History Repeating

Addison Gilbert POV*

That morning, the first time Damon stayed, I woke up by myself, and honestly I wasn't too surprised

That morning, the first time Damon stayed, I woke up by myself, and honestly I wasn't too surprised. But in the last couple of weeks he sporadically shows up an hour before I put Chloe down for the night, and then he stays. But every morning when I wake up I'm alone.

Anyways, enough about my maybe baby daddy situation, back to the issue at hand. Caroline and Bonnies little cat fight that for some reason became a really big deal for no reason.

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" The twin asked Caroline as we were walking up to the school, heading for our first class.

"No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move." Well damn Care.

"Be the bigger person." Lena told her, because that would totally be a Caroline move. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the girl, but that is just not her.

"Impossible in her presence." See.

I decided that now would be the perfect time to add in my piece, "What if I bribed you with a baby? And like, 20 dollars?"

Care and I shared a smirk before Lena slapped the back of my head softly and then proceeded to ask my blonde best friend, "Why are you so pissed at her anyway?"

Oh here we go, "She's a thief, that's why." Harsh, "I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle."

Lena sighed, "All right. Well, I tried. I'm officially out of it." That only took a month.

"I was never in." I told the two, and reached up to pat the both of their shoulders, but they are both way taller than me, so I gave up half way there.

Caroline gave a little smirk, "Good. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?"

I rolled my eyes as Lena told the blonde, "He's avoiding me."

"Why?" Because he's a vampire and so is his brother, so he's trying to 'keep Lena safe' by staying away from her.

I glanced over at her as she hesitated, but she finally said, "...It's complicated." The bell rang, making El say, "I'll see you later."

Caroline gave me a questioning glance to which I shrugged before telling her, "See ya later Care Bear."

"Bye." I heard her call as I walked away.

I entered Tanner's old class room a few minutes before the bell rang, so I was just chilling in my seat in front of Stefan's old spot and doodled waiting for the bell to ring. I observed as Bonnie darted into class mere seconds before the bell rang, followed by an attractive guy. Who is this?

"Good Morning everyone. Alrighty." I watched as mystery man started to write what I would assume to be his name onto the chalkboard. "Alaric Saltzman." So it was his name, "It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston." Hey man, I was born in raised right here.