Chapter Eighteen: Under Control

Addison Gilbert POV*

I got out of bed this morning with the full intention of feeding my child so that I can get to school to study, since I have to take a stupid math test today

I got out of bed this morning with the full intention of feeding my child so that I can get to school to study, since I have to take a stupid math test today. Thanks, Mrs. Walters, your now officially worse than bitch ass Tanner was.

I had stepped into the kitchen, to get Chloe's baby food, and found Jentastic in all of her morning glory at the bar sipping from her coffee. I sat my stink bug into her high chair, and when I turned around to open the cabinet I specifically designated for the baby food, Jen spoke up. "They have the same eyes."

I faltered for a second, but continued what I was doing as I asked, "What?"

"Chloe and Damon," she clarified when I sat down on the stool I had moved to the opposite side of the bar, "They have the same eyes."

I lifted the spoon to my baby's mouth, "Oh yeah," I paused trying to think of something to say, "Would you look at that, I guess they do." Great idea Addie, lie, because you're just sooo good at that. Excuse me while I face palm.

"Ads, you suck at lying." She chuckled and leaned forward to smooth Chloe's hair from her face, but then her face turned serious. "You know you don't have to lie to me right?"

I sighed, turning my head away from her gaze, "I know, I just wasn't really sure how to bring it up."

She stood up and came around to hug me from behind, "I think you'll find that he'll be a really good dad."

I couldn't contain the tears that were filling my eyes as she said that, but then Lena came downstairs and ruined it all. She started slamming around the kitchen and stopped for a second when she noticed us looking at her, "What?"

"Nothing!" Jenna and I spouted at the same time before both laughing at the other.

"Come on Jeremy, going to school! Walking out the door now!" By now you guys should know there was no chance that I would be able to resist the temptation to roll my eyes at this bitch. But never the less, I stood by the door with Chloe's car seat sat on the floor beside me, waiting for everyone to leave.