Chapter Seventeen: Let the Right One In

Addison Gilbert POV*

When I woke up this morning, Damon was already downstairs, most likely finishing the patching up of the window in the parlor

When I woke up this morning, Damon was already downstairs, most likely finishing the patching up of the window in the parlor. And after getting up I noticed that he must have gotten Chloe out of bed when he himself got up, because she wasn't in there.

I rooted around in my bag and pulled out the most comfortable clothes I could find to put on. Once I had done that, and done the rest of what I needed to do in the bathroom to get ready, I left Damon's room to head downstairs.

I spotted Chloe sitting on the floor, babbling about surrounded by toys I didn't even know she had, so I went over to her to give her a kiss. When she saw me she started speaking her gibberish louder, and gave me a toothless grin. That's when I noticed what her shirt said. "Daddy's Princess."

I was kinda shocked, but still leaned down and placed a kiss onto her forehead, before standing straight and looking around for Damon

I was kinda shocked, but still leaned down and placed a kiss onto her forehead, before standing straight and looking around for Damon. I didn't have to look long, because as I started looking, he walked right in. "Good morning." I greeted him.

"Morning," He replied, walking over to that window with a large board over it.

"So uh," I started off to sound casual, "When did you get those clothes for Chloe?"

He didn't look over at me, "A few days ago."

I couldn't hide the grin coming over my face, "Is that your way of admitting that you're actually Chloe's father?"

The blue eyed vamp sighed, set the stuff in his hands down, and turned to face me, "Yeah, I guess it is."

"Good." I told him, moving towards and stopping in front of him. "You're already a really good dad, so I wouldn't worry about that, if you are."

He looked into my eyes for a few moments before opening his arms and wrapping me in a hug. I sighed contently against his chest and I could feel him press a lingering kiss against my forehead.

It was an amazing hug until the sound of a throat clearing ruined it. I pulled away and turned around seeing Stefan holding Chloe on his hip. "Elena will be here in a couple minutes." He told us, before pointing at my little bugs shirt. "Who dressed her in this?"