Chapter Fifteen: A Few Good Men

Addison Gilbert POV*

I was minding my own business, as I usually do, just letting Chloe periodically snack on those melt in your mouth baby snacks while watching an episode of Criminal Minds

I was minding my own business, as I usually do, just letting Chloe periodically snack on those melt in your mouth baby snacks while watching an episode of Criminal Minds. When all of the sudden, my fun was ruined by my controlling twin on a vendetta to find our birth mother that I could care less about. Dragging Jenna into it with her no less.

And she cant let it go that I just don't give a shit, because she keeps on trying to drag me into it as well, but the only thing its doing is pissing me off.

Anyways, I was pulled over to the dining table to listen to whatever Lena made Jenna dig up, "Your dad kept everything from his medical practice—records, logs, old appointment books." I sighed when she pulled out a journal and opened it to a certain page, "I found an entry from the night you were born. Patient and a two birth dates. Isobel Peterson."

"Do you think that's her real name?" The twin asked completely interested.

Jen looked between us, "Pregnant teenage runaway? Probably not. First name, maybe. But where'd she get Peterson? Classmate? Best friend?" She asked rhetorically, "So I binged it."

I scrunched up my face at that, "Why would you use Bing when you've got Google? It's inferior in so many ways."

I caught a glimpse of her rolling her eyes as she pulled up Bing (gross) and typed something into the search bar, "I searched for all the Petersons in this area born the same year as Isobel, found 3--2 men and a woman, Trudie, who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia."

"That's not far from here." Lena stated the obvious, mostly to herself.

Jenna nodded and continued, "Well, watch this." She typed in a few more things, and up popped a picture of two girls that were both wearing little cheer outfits, one blonde the other with black hair.

"Isobel." Lena paused, "She was a cheerleader."

"Oh of course she was." I groaned out leaning back in my chair, earning myself a glare for ruining Lena's little perfect moment.

Jenna gave me an almost sad look, "Trudie still lives there. This is her address." I glared at the little piece of paper sitting in Lena's hand like its the reason for all of the pain in my life leading up to now.