Chapter Sixteen: There Goes the Neighborhood

The morning in the Gilbert household was quite interesting this morning

The morning in the Gilbert household was quite interesting this morning. Damon stayed the night, as he seems to do every night now, either that or we stay with him, and when I woke up with him using my built in pillows for that very use I had a hard time not laughing at the look of content on his face. But it sucked because I actually have to get up and go to school, and the most heartwarming thing happened when I tried to get up the first time.

I shifted to try and get him off, but his arm resting around my waist tightened, "No."

"Come on drama queen, I've gotta get ready." I said lightly, still trying to move.

He actually opened his eyes and slightly lifted his head to look at me, "No, I'm not letting you go. It's too early to get out of bed." Then his head dropped right back onto its previous position on my chest.

And as cute as that all was, I still had to get my ass outta bed, so I very nicely placed my hand on the top of his head, and started shoving him away. "Up. Get up." I'm pretty sure if I was anyone else, he would've eaten me by now.

He grumbled at me but begrudgingly rolled over and let me up, and after that I collected my clothes and headed for the bathroom to change and get ready. And once I exited the bathroom I saw Damon had actually gotten himself up and was at the changing table, changing Chloe's diaper, and keeping her entertained by the sounds of her cute giggles.

And when he lifted her up I could see that he also changed her clothes, and it was actually a cute outfit. I'm kinda surprised that it wasn't black jeans paired with a black t-shirt, and completed with a designer leather jacket.

 I'm kinda surprised that it wasn't black jeans paired with a black t-shirt, and completed with a designer leather jacket

Once I was right beside him he turned to face me, and I could hear him speaking to her, "You be good for your mom. Okay princess?" His attention was then on me, "I'll see you later?"

I nodded and grabbed Chloe as he held her out to me, "Yeah, Jenna asked me to help her show dad's practice to some women  thinking about buying it. But I should be at the grill after, you just wanna meet us there?"

He nodded and leaned down capturing my lips in a slow kiss, you know, one of the ones that make you kinda weak in the knees. He pulled away and place a kiss on Chloe's head before he was gone.