3 | MELANIA

5 minutes passed.

Then 6

7

8

9

10

Half an hour

An hour

By an hour, I was began to get seriously worried.

Where was she?

Why wasn't she home yet?

On any normal day, it would've only taken her about 2 minutes to get there and back, but clearly today was not a normal day.

I didn't know what was wrong with it, but I had a gut feeling that something was going to happen.

However, I wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Regardless of whether I was ill or not, it was my duty to make sure that my best friend was okay, and not down some alley, get killed or something.

Perhaps I was being paranoid, but at this moment in time I really didn't care.

With the recent murders getting closer and closer to home, it was no wonder why; she had put her life on the line.

I rang her phone again, and again got no answer.

6th call to her phone, and the 6th voicemail.

It was going very well.
Note the sarcasm.

***

It was still raining, when I opened the door. I looked outside, to the dark clouds that hung above the houses, and shrugged on my coat.

Locking the door behind me, I stuffed my phone in my pocket, before I caught glance of something out of the corner of my eye.

Whatever it was, it was golden, and like a magpie, I drifted towards it, and gently picked it up.

It was some sort of necklace, a golden V encrusted with rubies, fitted with a golden chain.

It was weird, but I felt like I had seen this before.

Shaking my head

Whatever it was, it was something someone was missing. I planned to give it to the local authorities, but for now I tucked it into my pockets, and continued my trek.