20 | MELANIA

Eventhough I knew that I was just a human, I still couldn't help the overwhelming amount of guilt I felt, at the fact I wasn't doing anything to help.

Bella and Edward had assured me that I didn't need to be down there, fighting, and that it would be best to stay up here, with them.

I sighed, sat in a large rock, waiting for the moment that all this would end, not that I don't like the company of Bella and her boyfriend.

"It's a little risky staying out here, all by yourself, isn't it, human?"

Too caught up in my thoughts, I forgot that I was supposed to be keeping a look out, for any stray vamps.

A woman with bright red eyes, like my dream beauty's and like Janet's, stood at the other side of the little clearing near where our camp was, her many curls of bright red bouncing as the wind blew softly.

Standing up hastily, I backed up, as she walked closer, bumping into Bella, who held me steadily. Edward appeared at the other side of Bella, a little in front of us, so that we were behind him.

"Victoria found us."

Mmmm. So this was Victoria, the one so hellbent on getting a revenge. The one that took away many people's humanity, Janet included, to be her slaves, as part of her army.

I wanted to punch this woman in the face, but I knew that that would only make our current situation get worse.

Edward was quick to examine Victoria, before looking beyond her, and into the darkness of the forest.

"She's not alone."