24 | JANET

She charged toward me in fury, but I easily side-stepped it, knowing it was coming.

We fought, like it was a dangerous dance; a punch to my chest, meant a punch to her face, a kick, aimed towards my face, meant a side-step the right.

We fought for ages, a blur of movements, so fast that sometimes I get too caught up in it.

A punch to the neck, broke the skin, and I heard it crack, as it did so.

She bared her teeth and ran at me again.

Time seemed to freeze, and for a second I wondered if this was what death feels like.

I closed my eyes, but nothing came.

Instead a hand lifted up my chin, and lips attached to mine.

"For a second, I thought you were done for." He said, as he pressed his forehead to mine.

"So did I." I whispered, and cringed, as he helped put my head back in place.

I looked to the ground and saw Victoria's body, and a few inches away, her head, broken off, her eyes dulled, and lifeless.

Edward flicked on a lighter and threw it onto her body.

We all watched it go up in flames, melting a circle of a snow around it.

And then I looked over to the others.

A wolf, silver and gray, stood close to Melania, protecting her, as Edward protected Bella.

This I was thankful for.

"Thank you." I said to the wolf, before I turned my attention to the rest of them. "All of you."

Edward, nodded, before motioning down the mountain, from where I had come.

"The rest will probably want to meet you."

Edward picked up Bella, as the wolf followed them, looking back every so often to check on Melania.

"Hey." I said to her, as she walked up to me. She was cautious, and she had a right to be, but it wasn't long till I held her in my arms, hugging her.

"I missed you so much."
She whispered, but she knew that I could hear her.

Some tears fell onto the shoulder of my jacket, where she had placed her head, but she didn't seem to notice, or if she did, she didn't care. And neither did I.

She was my friend, and I'd do anything for her.