19 | JANET

Waves crashed around us, as we neared the shore, our heads bobbing out of the water, one by one, with every step we took.

I held Bree close to me, as we neared our impending doom.
My anxiety crept higher as we got closer to the battlefield, I didn't quite know what to expect from our supposed enemy: The Cullens.

The group went in formation, the toughest, more bloodthirsty newborns went first, meaning that me and Bree were right at the back, the last ones to appear.

As our leader, Riley, lead us into battle, and through a forest which smelt like blood, confusing us in which direction the human had travelled.

And then it started.

***

Heads were being decapitated, and the limbs were being ripped off, left, right and centre, as far as I could see.

Picking up Bree on my back, I ran to the nearest tree that overlooked the battlefield. Looking around me to see if anyone saw me, I threw the jacket that I had on me, and threw it over her shoulders. The jacket had my scent all over it, so the other vampires would only disregard it, as soon as they came close, knowing that I had gone in a different direction.

Blowing Bree a kiss, and desperately hoping that this wouldn't be goodbye, and turned and ran in the direction that I saw Riley go in, following the Redhead, Victoria, up the mountain, no doubt to where the human would be.

***

Too focused on my destination, and not on the battle that was before me, wasn't the best decision I've ever made.

An amber-eyed vampire, with massive muscles and an impressive height, came tumbling towards me, and tried to knock me over.

I knew that this man was a Cullen, because everyone in the army had red eyes.

I couldn't kill this man, so I opted to trying to escape him, ripping apart any other vampires limbs, that I knew were from the army.

Slightly confused to what I was doing, the burly man stopped, and that was all the time I needed to escape.