13 | MELANIA

The boy, whose name he regretted to inform me, closed the distance between us, and kissed my hand in a delicate manner.

He looked at me with such longing, but I knew deep down it wasn't reciprocated by me, I already had my eyes set on another.

"My name is Embry."

His wavy black hair passed over his brow, and his brown earthly-coloured eyes, stared into my own.

"Mines Melania."

He was cute, and if I wasn't gay, I'd probably hit him up. But I was, and besides I already had my eyes set upon another, the hot blonde that saved me.

When I had looked into her eyes, I felt a spark, like I was the happiest person alive, with such an immense amount of joy, that sadness was nowhere to be found.

"I'm really sorry. I'm sure that you're a great guy and all, but..."

"She's gay." Edward said, finishing my sentence.

I glared at him, as I was fully capable of talking for myself.

"Oh."

Everyone looked a bit shocked at the revelation, but Edward and Alice just chuckled.

Honestly it was no big deal, not for me anyway.

Embry released my hand with despair, nodding that he understood, and went back to his pack members, who patted him on the back with reassurance.

The tension was thick in the air, and everyone was silent, no one wanting to disturb the others.

"Anyway," Carlisle spoke up, "Back to the problem in hand."

***

Carlisle sighed, obviously, and understandably repulsed by the idea of a newborn vampire army, coming to kill his family.

"This could turn into a blood bath." Carlisle asked.

Jasper, a man who had curly hair, the colour of honey, spoke up.

"There aren't enough of us to protect the town."

Jacob, the man leading the wolf pack crossed his arms in seriousness.

"Someone's going to attack Forks?"

Edward grasped Bella's hand tight, and completely ignored Jacob. He asked of Alice, "Who's behind it?"

Pixie, as I had dubbed her, replied instantly.

"I didn't see anyone I recognize."

There was a pause before Edward continued, everyone silent so as to hear what Edward had to say about the issue in hand.

"Maybe one... I know his face.
He's local, Riley Biers."

I sucked in a breath, which made everyone turn to me, as I did so.

Edward looked concerningly at Bella, but his attention was drawn to me as I took a breath, about to speak.

Carlisle placed a hand on my shoulder, as if to ask me the question they all wanted to ask me.

"I knew him. Before he disappeared that was. Janet, my best friend, she told me that-"

"He didn't start this." Edward interrupted.

"No." I answered, letting out a deep breath. "No."

Pixie quickly changed the attention to her, by speaking. "Whoever did is staying out of the action."

I smiled gratefully at her, thankful that she put an end to the awkward silence, that was bound to happen.

Carlisle immediately perked up at this. "They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision."

Edward clenched Bella's hand, as a frown made its way to his face. "Only the Volturi could know how Alice's gift works. Aro would have found out when he read Alice's mind."

Jasper, or honey-curls was the one who brought everyone's mind back into focus. "Either way, the army is coming, and our odds ain't good."

"Alright." Jacob exclaimed, looking as if the knowledge of this vampire army was enough to make him burst. "Hold up. What damn army?"

I scowled, my eyebrows furrowing, looking at him in disappointment.

"Seriously?" I asked, "You haven't listened to the whole conversation that just took place?"

He shook his head, a light blush crossing his cheeks.

Carlisle saved him the embarrassment, clarifying for him.

"Newborns. Our kind."