25 | MELANIA

Finally, she released me, and instinctively I wiped away my tears.

A cough made me realise we weren't alone.

I looked up, and smiled as I saw Riley. We had been childhood friends up until we were teenagers where we separated cause my parents wanted me to move.

I never forgot him.

Even when I saw him in the newspapers or saw the 'missing' signs on every available pole there was.

"Hey." I said, looking down. This was awkward. "You probably don't remember me. I'm-"

But I didn't get to finish my sentence, as he butted in.
"Melania. Yeah I know. How could I forget my best girl!"

I watched as Janet pouted and put his arm around her shoulders

"I thought I was your best girl?"

He laughed and kissed her cheek.

"You're right. You are."

My mouth hung open.

"You're together?"

Both of them seemed to freeze a little, before easing up when I gave them a smile.

"That's so cute."

If they could blush, they would be blushing, that was for sure.

"T-Thanks."

******

After Janet carried me down the mountain, because she didn't trust Riley to, die to his apparent lack of self-control, Janet was quick to introduce me to her adopted daughter.

Bree was only a teenager, a little younger than me, maybe 16 years old, and from what I could see, incredibly shy.

She fit well into this small family that they had created.

Janet and Riley as the parents, and Bree as their child.

As we neared closer to the others, Bree began to hide between Janet, which was completely understandable if they were much older vampires, consorting with wolf shapeshifters.

Perhaps it was my blood, or fate, but as soon as we were close, a couple of vampires that had been lurking, ran at me.

Now, me being well me, didn't nessecarily have the fight or flight response.

All I had was freeze.

I froze in fear, and as much as I wanted to move, I couldn't.

Together Janet and Riley took down the two, before another one attacked, this one getting pinned down by Leah.

But this one was smarter than the others, and pulled on her tail, swinging her around.

And before I knew it, Edward had screamed "no!", and Jake was on the floor. The bad vampire had managed to get his arms around Jake, crushing his whole left side. Leah took the vampire down, before turning, and shouting at Jake.

"I had him, Stupid."

Carlisle rushed to Jake's side instantly, as did Edward and obviously Bella.

I couldn't hear what they were saying from where I was stood, but from what I could tell it was pretty bad.

The werewolves began to disperse, carrying Jacob on their shoulders.

I looked to Leah, who started to tremble.

I knew she was aching to turn, and I knew it would be a risk, but I went and hugged her, and she appreciated it, hugging me back.

She sighed, pulled away and ran into the woods.

I went to follow her, but Sam patted my shoulder.

"She'll be alright. She just needs some time."

I nodded before Alice dragged Janet, and Riley and Bree and me over to where the Cullens all stood, looking like they were expecting something, or rather someone.

"They're coming."

I know, I know, I mixed it up a bit.
I'm sorry.
:/